The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys heading out this morning...im headed out as soon as i get done 3rd shift....the rut doesnt look like it hit yet in the philly area yet....am i wrong?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im headed into 5c myself....ridley creek...will be light by the time i get in but i plan on sitting all day

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
headed out soon . I have the rest of the season off from work . Only doe hunting so I know I will see bucks .

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I need to get the kids ready for school today, then leave by 0730, and be in my stand by 0900. Good luck to all and be safe

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Just got settled in..opted to walk in as it wax breaking.light and run a good drag and be super quiet...pretty sure there is a chase going on in the thicket as i type..i better put the phone away and get on my feet!!

Good luck all!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got in before light. Nothing happening. Two doe snuck in without a sound and are bedded behind me at 40yds. Of course facing my direction. So now I can barely make any movement. I just finally stood up after waiting for 45 minutes. I hope a buck comes sniffing. Here's a look through the binoculars.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
4 point and another deer..looked like small horns maybe but body looked BI*...it stayed high in the thicket...the 4 point was 15yds in the open...will make sitting All day easier if they keep movin good!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hunting on Dads property today. 4B in between millerstown and newport. 9 doe so far. Evenings are always best but we'll see how it goes! Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The rut has been on in Delco and Chesco. I seen 7 buck and 1 doe last Saturday very active. The one doe was being chased by a big Y buck. I hope the bigger buck are moving this Saturday. Have some friends that have been hunting everyday on some management properties and are reporting a lot of activity and some bruiser sightings.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Young doe.or button buck came up the ditch..4pt came back..didnt bother her at all...other deer with 4 point appeared to be a plump button...

Sun will be in my face all day..dont like that..but i got the perfect wind

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Day 3 for me due to a foot injury. 9 doe and a nice 8pt that didn't give me a shot.
man...
I've missed this......

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
+1, This time of year is horrible for me at work!!!

I can hunt the last two days! Can't wait...Dark till dark, Saturday and Monday!!!

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Good luck gang, I know it's tough and getting to the end, but stick it out and I'm sure the rewards will come! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Mac

1 - 20 of 66 Posts