The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great cold and frosty morning. Deer movement is guaranteed, just have to find them today. I’m hunting an area I have not hunted yet this year and where I found some very large mature buck sign yesterday. Good luck today guys. Stay warm.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Today's hunting episode brought to you by the Pillsbury Company.......I hope this "dough boy" fits in his stand with all of the clothes I plan on wearing.

Harness is the most important.

Good luck to all that are out.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I hope they are moving this morning. Been a slowwwww archery season. Couldnt hunt last night due to my sons b-day party but wouldnt you know it, 1 hour before dark, pull out of the driveway go 50 yards and my wife stops to look at the doe standing on the side of the road, i look out on my side and there is a beautiful 10 staring at that doe. He crossed the road and walked directly towards my house figures. I only own 3.5 acres but man that really irritates you lol.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Hunting in the bottom of a bowl that's so thick getting to my tree is a real challenge, especially in the dark. I know there's some big bucks in the area, but will need some luck not getting winded with the wind switching from East to West today. At least wind is supposed to be light today for a change.

·
Registered
892 Posts
21 degrees here.Going to go out for a walk with hopes of seeing a antlerless deer and scout alittle.I would be happy to just to see any deer.12 sits in stand this season and no slick heads at all.Just the ones I jumped while walking a few weeks ago.Good luck too all.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Much, much better than yesterday. Cool and calm... hopefully they'll stay moving. My kid brother was barely up his tree about 200 yards from me, and shot a toad 5-point, and a good friend of mine called in a flock of gobblers right off the roost and took one. It's gonna be a good day!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Saw a 6 point and some does on the way in. Had a buck of I’m own points run by as I was getting out of the truck. I’m just looking to fill the doe tag so really have no pressure, it still hope to see some action.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Just watched 7 deer filter through the woods behind the backyard foodplot....from my kitchen window while drinking my morning coffee!! Have a few leaf cleanup jobs on the docket today, but may slip out somewhere for an afternoon sit. Better half plans to be in her groundblind that she saw a nice 8 from yesterday. Good luck to all out today and think warm thoughts!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Watched 9 anterless filter through. They have been everywhere in the woods except the tree I would have been in. Going to get out soon for a walk with the bow and see if I can find some bear sign.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My kid brother's 5-point. He said he's every ounce of 200lbs, and still just barely legal. We've seen at least 10 different bucks on that property the last two weeks, but it's the first we've seen this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wishing I was out. Finally saw some decent buck movement yesterday but a sick 2 year old cancelled any plans I had of hunting. Maybe sneak out for an afternoon sit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My kid brother's 5-point. He said he's every ounce of 200lbs, and still just barely legal. We've seen at least 10 different bucks on that property the last two weeks, but it's the first we've seen this one.

That's a dandy 5pt there! The first yr I went hunting with my dad up in the mountains he shot a 5pt that was identical to that one. Just a smaller body.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Great cold and frosty morning. Deer movement is guaranteed, just have to find them today. I’m hunting an area I have not hunted yet this year and where I found some very large mature buck sign yesterday. Good luck today guys. Stay warm.
How do I redeem the guarantee? November lull here in my neck of the woods. Have not seen a deer since Halloween.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts