The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at work until 6 then I am heading out . Dusting of snow in my area. Should be a great morning. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Took the day off and headed upstate... got here late last night. I have a feeling that I will probably nod off a little bit once my butt hits that climber seat, but none the less I have very high hopes for the day. This is the kind of weather I have been waiting for. Good luck to all that are out today!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I am finishing my coffee now and heading for an all say sit. I am heading to the same spot i got rained out at yesterday. The sign is there. So on my way out i freshened up 7 scrapes within 50 yards of my set. Hopefully he makes a mistake today. Good luck.

·
Registered
827 Posts
With the wind direction I decided to sit in my bale blind I have set up in a field. Plus it breaks the wind some. It's a proven spot during the rut bc it's right next to a bedding area, water, and a corn field. So far 3 does and a spike came through.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Very cold with a WNW wind here. Snowing some and wind is around 10mph with gusts to around 15 or so. Nothing seen or heard yet. Good luck and stay warm.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Its bitter out. Saw 3 doe and a spike. Also a flock of gobblers. Try to stay out as long as i can but its nasty cold today.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Been dead here since first light. Since I'm in the blind I bring the kids to when they come with me I have a Mr. Heater Buddy heater here. Figured I'd use it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Like a snow globe out today with the wind. Didn't get out till 7 figuring how cold the windchill supposedly is. Got outside and light breeze. 30 ft up on top of hill and warm as can be. Nice that weatherman can't even forecast current conditions lol.
Saw 7 already. One line huge doe, 5 small fawns running together, and scrub buck running from who knows what. .
Don't like that there were so many fawns alone together. Not a good sign for big buck movement as means mama probably with a buck.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts