The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just parked the truck had a doe and a small buck in the field and then a small doe in our parking spot. Saw a nice 10pt about 3/4 mile in a field with a doe and another buck. My nephew is excited first archery hunt. Good luck today everyone!

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
In three now. I'm in new Jersey this morning. No wind and quiet as church. Good luck everyone

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hitting it for a 1 hour quick before some prior obligations for the day. I hope everyone has a lot of fun, should be sweet

·
Registered
233 Posts
Good luck to all. With a buck taken already I wanted to get out for a some small game but I got a fire going in the wood burner and am enjoying just looking out the window.

Unfortunately my yard is trashed, and will be headed out soon to pick up sticks and blow some 🍁..

·
Registered
784 Posts
8 o’clock, can’t believe how dead the woods are! Especially the way the doe were running last evening. No squirrels or chipmunks moving either.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I agree about 2G because other than the one I bumped this morning getting to my stand I haven’t seen anything or heard anything !
The squirrels and chipmunks have kept my head on a swivel though !!
Won’t be out tonight because I’m taking my granddaughter trick or treating !!

Good luck and stay safe !!

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Waiting on a bear, but surprised by the lack of deer. This ridge had quite a few does running around last night. Seen only a spike, so far.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Been on stand since 10. Long day yesterday in the cold and wind. Figured I’d sleep in. So much time over the next two weeks. Not worth burning out the first few days. Raining leaves here in 4 A. Spike buck in the road at one of the parking spots on the way in. I’m sitting 40yds from a doe bedding area. Thermals pushing my wind up to the bench I spoke about last week. Not super thrilled about the setup but it’s rut time so anything can happen. Red fox slinking around. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Sat until 10. Not a single deer seen. Squirrels and chipmunks everywhere. I guess the deer move on Sundays. Everyone i talked to today said the same. Not a deer seen. Didnt even see any cross the road this morning which is really odd.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts