The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
I was out this morning in bucks county and now I am at work. Still windy this morning at times. Only saw one little spike. Checked my cameras on the way out,looks like I should have hunted yesterday afternoon as I originally planned. Two of the hitlist bucks were on camera yesterday afternoon/evening. Hopefully, they show up tomorrow or Thursday morning. I am running out of time before I head up to the farm for rifle season.

Welp fella's (and gals). It's been 'a season' but I'm afraid to say that tonight is my last sit for the 2016 PA archery saga. T-minus 2 hours. I'll be traveling back to SWPA the next several days for the holiday and with no reliable places to sit back there I've decided to call it a season. I gave it my very best effort and drained the tank empty. I couldn't have done any more than I did and I'm happy in that. Who knows though......fat lady ain't sung yet!! It cold, it's breezy. Let's do this!

Registered
Hunted 2B this evening and did not see a deer, but I did get permission to hunt 20 acres next to the 124 acres I am hunting now. Lots of big buck sign and I plan on doing all day sits Friday and Saturday.

Registered
Hunted 2B this evening and did not see a deer, but I did get permission to hunt 20 acres next to the 124 acres I am hunting now. Lots of big buck sign and I plan on doing all day sits Friday and Saturday.
Pulling for ya. There are some brutes in that township.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got settled and immediately had 3 doe run by. I thought I may have spooked them, then 2 mins later and elderly gentleman came walking down a path. He stopped to talked, he said he didn't know you could still archery hunt this time of the year. He left about 1 hour later had a yearling doe walk by at 50 yds. Then just before dark saw a group very low maybe the group I saw earlier. The wind died down and I was able to hear deer walking down the mountain just too dark. The leaves made it easy to hear the deer today. I will be out again tom, all day sit before rifle.

Registered
Pa Bone to say I am impressed with your tenacity would be an understatement. If I shot a buck like the one you got in Ohio I would of mailed it in weeks ago. Hardcore man !

Good luck to you sir !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.