The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s gettinb down to the wire! I’m settled in between 2 bedding areas. Hopefully a good one cruises by!! Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I’ve been waiting for a Southish wind to hunt a specific buck with an incredible rub line from his bedding area down to a very remote oak flat that sits above doe bedding that is on private land. I’ll be hunting public. I want to catch him getting out of his bed or feeding in the oaks. I’ve also seen other bucks hit these oaks through the day. Today is the day. I’ve been planning this for over a week. I have a camera in the oaks as one of his rubs is on a tree larger than my thigh. Biggest rub I’ve ever seen. If I don’t get him today, I’m not going to target him again until the first day of rifle. Good luck today guys. Shoot straight. I’m sure it will be an active day.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Go get them boys and girls. The bucks should be breaking away from bred does and looking for a new one. I think the next few days will be great and the weather looks ideal.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I wish i had DPMS enthusiasm lol. Been one of the slowest archery seasons i have ever encountered. Last year was bad and this year has been worse. I put a lot of time scouting this year, the sign is there but only moving at night according to the cameras. Taking a break today and hitting it hard tomorrow and sat. I have been hunting 4 out of 6 days every week since the opener. Starting to take its toll lol. Good luck all

·
Registered
832 Posts
Couldn’t ask for much better weather for this last week here. Wish I was still at it!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
In the stand now. Real quiet right now. Gonna stay for a while. If no action then move to another stand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Beautiful morning out. Had two turkeys come through as I was settling in a new area. Hoping to see some movement.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing yet.

Question. What determines when corn is ready to come down? Moisture content, right? The corn out where I am is always taken down late, usually around December. Doesn’t that seem late?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Saw 5 doe and two 8 points so far. Nothing in bow range. Just waiting on Mr. Big. Good luck to all out today. Later reports to follow.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Been in the stand since 6 and haven’t heard or seen a thing!
Sitting a funnel between 2 fenced in areas and have been for the last 3 days !
Saw a nice buck yesterday chasing a doe around inside the fence go figure !
Other than that not much going on here in 2G. I have been out everyday for the past 2 weeks and I could count the deer I’ve seen on my hands and nothing big ! Heck I’m barely seeing any does !

·
Registered
774 Posts
Going to head out around noon and sit it out the rest of the day. Was going to do an all day sit but woke up at 2am with a migraine. So I took some meds and went back to sleep. The sit yest only seen about 30 squirrels and the neighbor's cat. Hopefully today is better.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hiked 1.7 miles up the mountain planning to spend all day, was looking at my bow, something didn't look right. Freaking vertical axis on my rest is loose. Back home for a quick tune up.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Had a buck bump a doe out of a bedding area I'm setup near. Think it was a 8. Also have a doe feeding 40 yards to my right and another bedded nearby.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Set up before light in a thick little wood lot with plans to sit all day. Saw a doe and her youngster at 915.

Made it till 11:30 when I read Steelheads thread and his reference to “steak and eggs”. Off to home I went for a warm lunch, heading back in soon.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Been setup for an hour now. Wind isn’t what I exactly wanted. Sitting anyway, never know. Lots of fresh rubs and scrapes still. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
20,883 Posts
Nothing yet.

Question. What determines when corn is ready to come down? Moisture content, right? The corn out where I am is always taken down late, usually around December. Doesn’t that seem late?
If they're selling it to ethanol plants,they want it dry so they don't have to pay to get it dried.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Back in same stand for a PM sit. Was out of stand for 1.5 hours at lunch. During that time a deer opened back up the scrape I’m watching. Figures..... By the size of the track, I don’t think it was the one I’m after (but you never know).

I knew better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts