The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out in a few minutes. It’s going to be a cold one. Stay warm and shoot straight.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Coming down to the wire for most of us. I am going to wait a bit closer to mid morning to head in. With the full moon and cold. I dont think they will be moving until the sun “warms” it up a bit. Plus I want to sit till evening. Good luck. No service for me today.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coming to the wire for most of us. I am going to wait a bit closer to mid morning to head in. With the full moon and cold. I dont think they will be moving until the sun “warms” it up a bit. Plus I want to sit till evening. Good luck. No service for me today.
I actually called an audible and decided to wait until mid morning also. I want to sit until dark and based on the moon phase (not sure I buy it) the deer should be moving a lot during the day today especially with the cold weather. I also want to hunt a new area I’ve never been in before and I want to observe deer sign as I enter into this area. Might stink or it might be great. No idea.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Real cold this morning. 12 degrees here. Worst part is trying to pull the bow back with all those layers on. Im off tomorrow and Friday. I hope its not this cold then. Makes for a miserable hunt. Good luck out there and stay warm.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Out running cameras this morning in 1A. Brrrrrrr make sure you fellers have your wooly boogers on its a nippy one. Seeing lots of deer in the snow covered fields.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Going to head out around 730. It was like dawn all night with the full moon and snow. That and wind dying down I doubt they’ll move much till mid to late morning

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to get out for about two hours before work. I saw 2 buck and a doe. The one buck was chasing the other was cruising.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hunted 2 hrs before work saw 2 spikes and one of them was pushing a doe around. When I left I saw three buck chasing pretty hard.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Good luck finding him ! Congrats dpms !

I'm heading out here real soon to sit for the rest of the day ! As I have heard and have witnessed many times with the full moon that the deer don't move much until mid morning or so !

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Awesome Gene. Looking forward to story and pics. I saw at least 4 deer on my way to the shop this morning between 7:00-8:00. Hope everyone stays warm and gets to release an arrow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts