The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took today off. Missed a big boy yesterday and the wind today just isn’t fun. I think I’m sitting out tomorrow too. All day sits Thur/Fri for me. Good luck today. Stay warm and shoot straight. Also, range your deer. I thought I had my buck ranged at 20yds yesterday. When I ranged he was 26. No wonder I missed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Got to work today and tomorrow till about noon. After that I'm going to sit out till dark and then all day sits till the end of the season or I tag out. Good luck today guys. Be safe and shoot well.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I would have called off today if i didnt have so much work to do this morning. Took my kids to school this morning and saw a fair amount of doe in some of the fields which i havent seen in weeks. I will be in a tree around 3 until dark and off tomorrow. Good luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just got set up at 0900. Waited for rain to clear through. 1st time in this stand this year. Hard stand to hunt. Don't see many deer typically but I have seen and killed some nice buck here. It's just a waiting game. Good luck to those of you who are out.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Snowing pretty good here in dahntahn Pittsburgh....even starting to lay in the grassy areas here so there should be a nice coating in the burbs and surrounding areas where the lake effect showers are coming through. Might need to rush out so I can get home in time to get one of the kids out for a quick sit.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
The boy and I sat from 6:30 - 9:30....nothing moved....really surprised... thought they would have been moving

·
Registered
336 Posts
Been set up since eleven. Just had a spike hit my mock scrape so at least something is moving. It COLD, windy and snowy!! Not used to bow hunting in these conditions. Well the snow part.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Wind really picked up here in PBURGH. May not try to go out tonight. May be better tomorrow afternoon, although colder air temp., hopefully not as windy. Kids may be miserable in the cold wind.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad I made the call to stay out of the woods today and save a vacation day. Tomorrow looks pretty good in comparison.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I stayed til about 1. Saw 7 doe, 1 small legal buck. 6 out of the 8 went by at 10 yards which was nice to see. In the way out maybe a mile as the crow flies from the stand I was in, a whopper of a buck was crossing the road cruising. So I’ll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Today would've been a fun but cold one. Good luck to those who are out.
Watching the snow coming down here in 2E and counting down the minutes. Taking the next two days off, can't wait to get in the woods.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Was in the stand by 6 this morning and around 8 I had a big 6 point push a doe through ! Not really chasing though so I sat there until about 2 then moved to a stand that I got pics of a big boy on the 10th hope he comes by tonight !!
Remember when I posted about passing on a small 10 about 2 weeks ago ? This is the big one that was right behind him and stayed behind the bush until dark !

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cold and snowy in 1B. Sat from 12::30 to now with high hopes. Crossed one solo big set of tracks from this morning on way to stand and had Picts from yesterday morning of a very big one at my stand.

Zero deer seen today for my efforts.

Will try again Thursday.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Though about going after work. The wind and blowing snow made it an easy decision. Also didn’t see any deer in the cut cornfield I wanted to hunt in which didn’t help.
Off till the end of archery so have little bit of time left. Probably sleep in an hour or so to let warm up a wee bit and help make it an easier all day sit. I’d imagine with the wind still going good and dying down later on deer will hit it hard overnight and be late moving in the morning with the full moon

·
Registered
18,786 Posts
Things are slowing down quite a bit for me. Sat from dawn till 11:30 and then from 12:30 till dark. 5 does. Not a buck today to be seen.

·
Registered
296 Posts
In the stand at 2PM till 5:15 PM. Cold & windy saw a half rack Y at 4:15 & at 5 saw a deer run across the field. Nice to be out heading to camp Thursday afternoon. Good luck & be safe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts