The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the day off and I'm just about to walk to one of my stands and see what may happen to walk by. Good luck my friends,

Reactions: rrroae and jimsdad

·
Registered
68 Posts
Took the week off to hunt, but no luck sitting in my recliner sicker than a dog. Good luck everyone. Wear your harness and stay safe

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good luck to all especially our veterans! Thank you for your service and may God bless you with a beautiful whitetail buck!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Holy cow. I’ve covered in deer right now. Bucks chasing a hot doe. Grunting, yearlings running everywhere. Best day so far. I’m inside a major bedding area. I got in at 0445 and got busted setting up. Deer blew and ran off. I guess they came back and were on edge. Then I saw the buck and the mature doe peeing every few minutes. Hoping for a decent one to come in. The buck dogging her isn’t legal. I will shoot her though and use her tarsals the rest of the week.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Out in 2b kicked up a couple on the way in but it’s been squirrels doing the mega leaf dance for about an hour

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a forkie walk right underneath my treestand a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Another quiet, deerless morning in Centre County. I am driving the strugglebus this year.

More pleasant temp this morning anyway.
Hoping to kill today and not have to get out the cold weather gear again for tomorrow. Quickly approaching anything legal status here.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Spike, mature doe and two yearling just walked by. Most deer I’ve seen this season in one sit. Spike was grunting like crazy. Very vocal.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Man is it warm, or least feels that way, out in saw Pa. feels like mid Oct.
Got in late and I’ll stay until late afternoon unless something convinces me otherwise. One forky at daylight that liked to watch me climb and get set up. Nice and calm out with slight breeze every once and a while in perfect direction. Hopefully the wind swing takes a while. Soon as it hits Sw I’m done as blow right into bedding area

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Another buck just came in. Half rack with 4 on one side. This is the best rut day I’ve had so far. Absolutely unreal. I’m up to 17 deer so far this morning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not much happening in 2G.

The squirrels are very active,
and a hawk of some variety captured its breakfast. No deer action so far.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Checking in from Ohio here, count me in in the blown shots, wow. Sounds like some of guys are having fun tho.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts