The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
am headn out to my stand around 930am this morning, who all is headn out today? am gonna stay out all day.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Pull into work and see a buck chasing a doe around the field.... so much rather be in the woods then at work...on vacation tomorrow though !

·
Registered
651 Posts
Was in my spot for about 15 min at around 0645 had a small 7 and the worlds smallest 6 come In at 8yds. They were hanging out eating didnt really seem like the rut was going on. Nice and cold lets see who else comes out to play.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not much this morning but i did pull cards and finally got a biggun on the camera. Out tomorrow am to hopefully put the tag on him. Sick kids means morning hunts only for me.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I've seen 4 bucks so far. A 7pt at 8oclock, a 150" 10 pt no shot, a 6pt and a nice 8pt doggin a doe about a half hour ago. Pulling an all day sit today. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
4 doe and 1 buck not sure how many points. I got busted moving in the tree. I could only find 1 suitable tree and can only get up about 10-12 ft. Not high enough. Back out tomorrow morning.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Slept in and headed to a new spot...plan was to walk in a pasture and gas line and slip into the ditch with minimal disturbance at all...

The farmer pulled in as i was gearing up so we talked a half hour...he leaves i head through the pasture...almost to the fence and gas line and i see a deer standing there...body wise i knew it was a mature buck...but he had me pegged...i was froze...he looked away and i got the binocs out...sure enough hes a GOODUN..aught be 18" wide or so...nice and high..right side looked odd..either odd or maybe broke off...should be a solid 115"+ all day...

I waited a half hour and inched the 100yds up the gas line dragging a buck and a doe drag...took me almost an hour to go 100yds and climb my tree...hopefully i didnt spook him and he comes on back...

I am getting frustrated!!! But i.am seeing GOOD bucks...i just gotta be in the right tree at the right time...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Saw a giant 9 at 7:30 this morning dogging a doe. Had him at 20 yds, just no shot opportunity. Also saw 2 smaller bucks. Decent morning, nothing so far this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Decided to hunt a public spot close to work, what a wreck it was. Trees down everywhere I was a sweated mess 'till i got where i wanted to be.....only to find I had dropped my very expensive Cabelas fleece coat somewhere. Had to hunt basically in a T shirt. Cold wasn't the word. Did see a 4 pointer, would have been a slam dunk if he had brow tines. Looked in the dark for my coat, impossible way too many downed trees. That was my present to myself after a tough year two years ago, won't be able to afford another. I'll have to bag hunting tomorrow to try and find it. I can't even use words to describe how horrible this season has been, losing that coat really makes it tough.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts