The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone pray before embarking on a day's hunting? I'm struggling with this and having a hard time coming up with what I want to say besides thanking Him for the abundant opportunity to harvest and for safety afield for myself and others who share the woods with me each day.

Here's to some safe shooting today, it should be interesting with muzzy and small game rifles out with the archery guys. I hope the archery hunters are smart enough to hang a little orange nearby, there are some nutball .22 hunters out there that think they can hit at 200 yards on the side of the tree. Be safe and good luck with your hunt today!

oh, and "Amen"

Proverbs 12:27 - "The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious."

·
Administrator
30,430 Posts
thanking Him for the abundant opportunity to harvest and for safety afield for myself and others who share the woods with me each day.
That sounds like it sums it up pretty well

Shoot straight!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you for that! I had some of the same concerns yesterday, and said a little prayer myself before going out. All turned out well, too. It was a good day.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
here is my hunting prayer:

Oh Lord, my heavenly father. I thank you for this day. I am grateful for every day you send my way. However, this day is not like yesterday and you know as well as I it will not be like tomorrow. This is a new day a field. It’s a new day for you to prove to me you are real, just as you have every other day I’ve been here. I know this is your gift to me, and for that I find myself eternally in your debt. As I climb this tree today, know that I am reaching for your touch. Please bestow upon me your grace as I look to feed the hunger and desire you’ve placed within me. Touch me today just as you had the last time I was here. Remind me that success has nothing to do with blood being spilled upon your ground. However, if it’s going to define my success today I ask that you prepare my mind so that I may offer the hunted the respect you demand. Know that my gratitude and love for you are never-ending. Amen.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
A general thanks to the Lord is understood. He knows what yer thinking...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Always when I get into stand say a lil prayer of thanks and think about my dad (who taught me all I know about hunting) and how I wish he was with me still..in the woods and in life....and always pray for a safe hunt as well

·
Registered
475 Posts
I always thank god for what he has created when I enter the woods, whether it be hunting or fishing. I am not a going to church guy, when I go to church, it is Gods Church>the great outdoors........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts