The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest daughter Maddie got in on the action Friday after school on Oct 19. Knowing that she couldn't shoot a buck if one came in and she had the rifle, she elected to take the xbow instead.
15 yd shot and went 45 yds. Once again, siblings are in on the recovery.
2nd deer ever and second one in archery season. Still looking for a buck.

........and the back strap steaks from this young doe were incredible. They kids absolutely love eating what they kill and knowing everyone else is eating what they brought home. It's always a lot of laughs around the dinner table when it's announced who's deer meat we're eating that night. They get that big proud smile when they find out it's theirs!

the young huntress........

with her brother.........

with dad...........

and her youngest sister(3 yrs old) getting a ride out of the woods along with big sis's deer.........

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Congrats Maddie!!! Great Shot and Nice Doe!!!

Congrats Huntman on the season that your family is having. Nice to see everyone gets involved!!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
That's awesome! I think the only thing missing in those pics is the trademark hat (if I remember correctly from the turkey trophy pics
)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ng270 said:
That's awesome! I think the only thing missing in those pics is the trademark hat (if I remember correctly from the turkey trophy pics
)
Ha! That brought on some laughs when I read that!
If it would have been a little colder, I'm sure the "baby Ewok" hat would have come out.

Good memory ng270!

I did tell her no way for bear season.....even with an orange hat over top.

Thanks all for the comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts