The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sat. I spent the day fly fishing near New Enterprise Pa. on Yellow Creek. Imagine my suprise when I caught and released several trout such as this. Their spawning colors were beautiful.

Griz

·
Registered
465 Posts
that is aewsome, great catch! me and one of my buddies are gonna make the drive to new york to fish the tribs next sunday, for steelhead and or browns, heard some mighty big ones run in

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was the brute of the day, he was roughly 31" and weighed in the neighborhood of 12 lbs. For anyone who does not think they have teeth take a close look at my finger.

The second pic is the little hole he was pulled from.

Griz

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
tfabarcher35 said:
Nice fish. 31" and 12 lbs. Thats a giant.

I hear that, great pics

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Makes me consider having one of those mounts done they can do from photos. I'll post a pic of the deer hair sculpin I caught my trout on later...it's a #2 believe it or not. I had tyed some up for smallies and thought, what the heck give it a try. Man am I glad I did.

Griz

·
Registered
424 Posts
Great fish! Streamers and buggers are the way to go on large trout. IMO, the only time to hang up the fly rod is when the stream is frozen over. The good fishing is only getting started this time of year. The best part about trout fishing from October-March is that most of the idiots that follow the stock trucks around are too busy pretending to be hunters during the fall and winter. Great job on some nice fall trout!

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
camohunter01 said:
Great fish! Streamers and buggers are the way to go on large trout. IMO, the only time to hang up the fly rod is when the stream is frozen over. The good fishing is only getting started this time of year. The best part about trout fishing from October-March is that most of the idiots that follow the stock trucks around are too busy pretending to be hunters during the fall and winter. Great job on some nice fall trout!
thats why I like fishing during the summer months. all of the truck fallowers have long gave up on trout fishing. ive been so busy this fall so far I havent had a chance to get out. maybe next week ill hit the special regs area of the river.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's awesome!

Yellow creek is the first trout stream I ever fished on when I was a kid. My Grandfather would take me there and we would visit a friend of his who had a farm along the creek.

Your post brought back some good memories this afternoon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts