The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an idea, just curious on your thoughts. His left beam looks like a steady progression from 15'-18' and his right beam looks like the 15' & 17' pics combined minus the long g2 from last year. I can't say with 100% certainty that he's the same buck from 15', but he has the same antler characteristics and it's the same location (didn't run a cam there in 16) if not.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I assumed you were going on more than a hunch and overall antler characteristics when I first posted. The same area will produce antlers with similar characteristics. May or may not be the same buck, but hunches are often proven right!

Going from the the most recent pic, all I would be willing to guess is he is probably at least 3.5 yo.

Good luck with tagging him and finding out for sure!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, I had other pics on here, but I tried cleaning the clutter from my post up and removed the pics...I don't know what I did. He's definitely a cool old buck. Probably die from natural causes before I ever see him during season..

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
He looks pretty old to me. Reminds me of a buck we named Csonka. He was a 300 pound, 8.5 year old 6-pointer when he was finally harvested.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He looks pretty old to me. Reminds me of a buck we named Csonka. He was a 300 pound, 8.5 year old 6-pointer when he was finally harvested.
I remember your post on him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts