The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying a Nosler 48 Trophy Grade Rifle but would really like to hold one in my hands first to make sure it feels comfortable for me. I can't find a dealer within two hours of Horsham, where I live, that has one. Does anyone nearby have one they'd be willing to let me hold to see how it fits me? Nosler is having a big sale on these and they have a lot of features that I like, but a gun that does not fit is never a bargain.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Call Tommy, owner of the Outdoorsman Shop about 10 miles North of Scranton right at the I81 Kingsley exit He carries many high end rifles and may also be a Nosler dealer. I don't have his phone number handy. That is just about 2 hrs. from you.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It's the Lenox exit (not Lenoxville which is before it going north). The restaurant has been rebuilt. The shop was upstairs in that bldg. The restaurant is supposed to open this weekend, I heard. Don't know if the gunshop will be in there again though.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Seem that Nosler has learn that the rifle is out of the market price level.

I suspect that there will be Nosler representatives with product at the NRA show next weekend in Pittsburgh if you want to hold their rifle. That is the great thing about the NRA Exhibits, they have nearly all firearms made, and you can fondle them. I'm going for sure.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Cabelas has one listed in their gun library in Hamburg if you want to go check one out there. I would call first though to make sure that they actually do have it, sometimes they list them but don't actually have the gun there. Good luck!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. The Cabela's Nosler is a different model. Still looking for the Model 48 Trophy Grade Rifle, just as a sample to see if it fits me. I could go anywhere from Southeast to Northeast PA this weekend if anyone has one or knows of one I could see and hold.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Ok at the NRA show they had all the Nosler rifles on touch display. I spent a good bit of time looking at the Model 48 Trophy Grade Rifle. this is the black syn stock model.

Overall it seemed like a nice rifle. I'm 5'9" and the stock was ok but maybe just a 1/2 inch too long for me. Obviously, fit it depend upon you.

They had the more traditional rifles on display with beautiful walnut stocks, I personally like those better, but they are not on sale like the trophy 48 is ($1300 IIRC).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts