The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well, the 5 we would normally have taken went to Coshocton's AKC trial. A 2 hour drive vs 6.

Aside from that, maybe the people in the area with big females went elsewhere to run where they would fit in a little better.

Glendale only had 9 as well the week before.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Big females isn't usually a huge class anyway and it was Mother's day but, what is it that you think is going on at Towanda?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I heard Andy Purnell had something against one of the 15" female judges (the shorter one I think )
just sayin.

Really though, The trial did draw 74 hounds, which is about the same as the last two years on mothers day weekend - not too bad.

My kennel is just getting over the round of kennel cough that is ripping thru the beagling community up this way, so I didn't enter my 2 females.
And yes we were vaccinated.

But the most important thing is, we had a great time and some nice running.

Missed ya John PA, The hare swamp was awful quiet from what I heard.

John L

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I wish we could have made it John, but we just couldn't pass up that 2 hour drive. We don't get too many of those.

Anvil, I assume you entered your females right?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Should have went to the hare swamp with Lawdog then...there isn't anything conservative that happens in the hare swamp with Lawdog.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Smoke'n Mack said:
Should have went to the hare swamp with Lawdog then...there isn't anything conservative that happens in the hare swamp with Lawdog.
I bet nothing "Conservative" happens when you guys go to the swamp. You should try bringing some dogs when you guys go. Sounds like you really like spending time with Lawdog in the swamp.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
anvil31 said:
I think there getting to conservative for me jmop

I've seen some pretty nice winner's pack over the years at Towanda. The term conservative never came to mind. I didn't get to go this year due to a jag off bringing a hound with kennel cough to a trial. I was told that the packs ran well, maybe you saw something different. There are only a 2 guys on a given day truly happy with the results. All you can ask for is an honest look from a hardworking judge giving time, blood, money and sweat so we can play when it's not hunting season. Because of that I will run my dogs under any judge the guys at Towanda hire.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Mease535 said:
Smoke'n Mack said:
I bet nothing "Conservative" happens when you guys go to the swamp. You should try bringing some dogs when you guys go. Sounds like you really like spending time with Lawdog in the swamp.
You sound jealous Buddy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts