The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
This is nothing more than politicizing hunting and fishing. This is a dangerous move to put it on a ballot. You notice it is democrats against republicans, or vice versa. Stupid move. I suspect this is nothing more than testing the waters for the left.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I do believe the "right to hunt/fish" should be in every states constitution and I HOPE AN EQUAL NUMBER OF Republicans/Democrats vote it in !

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Loridr, I think you are talking about something different than the op issue. There is a difference between a ballot issue, which is what the op is about where the citizens vote at the polls on an issue and when the general assembly creates a law by voting on it and having the bill signed into law by the governor.

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
Loridr, I think you are talking about something different than the op issue. There is a difference between a ballot issue, which is what the op is about where the citizens vote at the polls on an issue and when the general assembly creates a law by voting on it and having the bill signed into law by the governor.

Nope John, same issue. It's a proposed amendment to their constitution, proposed by Republicans and backed by the NRA. Evidently, once passed by the House and Senate, any amendment to their constitution must be voted in by the people by law.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
OK, I will take your word for it, I still don't like the idea of ballot issues concerning hunting. There are less of us every year everywhere. There was a time when the NRA supported something it had a lot of influence, however since all these stupid shootings the NRA has become the enemy to some and if the NRA is for it, they will be against it. They are taking a big chance, I hope it works for them.

·
Premium Member
23,710 Posts
Mebbie a good thing in States like NC and AK, MT etc but how about CA, NY, NJ etc??? I'm with John on this...don't like. One of those win the battle with risking losing the war kinda thing.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mebbie a good thing in States like NC and AK, MT etc but how about CA, NY, NJ etc??? I'm with John on this...don't like. One of those win the battle with risking losing the war kinda thing.
states like CA NY and NJ are pretty much lost unless they suddenly develop a huge republican base. considering CA just added more gun laws. Cuomo is actively using his position to target any financial institution he can that has any connections to firearms. NJ governor is actively trying to ban bear hunting and they are actively trying to make all states around them enact the same gun laws they have. yeah it is a political stunt but stuff like this is done by both sides so they can gain or maintain control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts