The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
nice...with dove season opening too... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,273 Posts
WilySpike said:
do not get rung up it will be over tomorrow!
The fact that there is a law on the books that even allows this BS for a day is ridiculous! You live in the state... If anyone should be "rung up" it's you!

I am sure all the criminals out there will all of a sudden start following the law during Earl and not carry guns. Mean while, CCW holders who normally could protect themselves are now helpless targets. Gotta love it! Does anyone know what the definition of "infringed" is? I don't recall seeing anything in the 2nd Amendment that says, except in times of natural disaster on when ever the heck else a government official feels the need to suspend your rights.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CJBS2003 said:
WilySpike said:
do not get rung up it will be over tomorrow!
The fact that there is a law on the books that even allows this BS for a day is ridiculous! You live in the state... If anyone should be "rung up" it's you!

I am sure all the criminals out there will all of a sudden start following the law during Earl and not carry guns. Mean while, CCW holders who normally could protect themselves are now helpless targets. Gotta love it! Does anyone know what the definition of "infringed" is? I don't recall seeing anything in the 2nd Amendment that says, except in times of natural disaster on when ever the heck else a government official feels the need to suspend your rights.

I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
You have the right to protect yourself when it's convenient for the peace officers. You don't have the right to protect yourself when you need to? Stupid. I'd pull up the easy chair and sit on my front porch with the shotgun loaded full of 00buck. PLEASE step on my porch...and try to tell someone you were not trying to rob me. just ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,163 Posts
when are these idiot goobermint morons gonna pull there heads from between there cheeks and get a breath of fresh air
....and come to the fact that when law abiding citzens own guns the crime rate is down in those areas, it's a proven fact too
...........bob

....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,979 Posts
Didn't you know looters have right to steal without the threat of injury?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,383 Posts
In case you folks are totally oblivious, Pa has a similar law in the crimes code. They were all taken from the model penal code in the 1970s and 1980s




Term Best Section
18 Pa.C.S.A. § 6107

Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes and Consolidated Statutes Currentness

Title 18 Pa.C.S.A. Crimes and Offenses (Refs & Annos)

Part II. Definition of Specific Offenses

Article G. Miscellaneous Offenses

Chapter 61. Firearms and Other Dangerous Articles

Subchapter A. Uniform Firearms Act (Refs & Annos)

§ 6107. Prohibited conduct during emergency



(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:


(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).


(b) Seizure, taking and confiscation.--Except as otherwise provided under subsection (a) and notwithstanding the provisions of 35 Pa.C.S. Ch. 73 (relating to Commonwealth services) or any other provision of law to the contrary, no firearm, accessory or ammunition may be seized, taken or confiscated during an emergency unless the seizure, taking or confiscation would be authorized absent the emergency.


(c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:


"Accessory." Any scope, sight, bipod, sling, light, magazine, clip or other related item that is attached to or necessary for the operation of a firearm.


"Firearm." The term includes any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any weapon.

CREDIT(S)

1972, Dec. 6, P.L. 1482, No. 334, § 1, effective June 6, 1973. Amended 1995, June 13, P.L. 1024, No. 17 (Spec. Sess. No. 1), § 2, effective in 120 days; 2008, Oct. 17, P.L. 1628, No. 131, § 3, effective in 60 days [Dec. 16, 2008].

HISTORICAL AND STATUTORY NOTES

2000 Main Volume

Act 1995-17 (SS1) legislation

The 1995 amendment substituted "State or municipal" for "Municipal or State"; in cl. (1), substituted "that person's" for "his"; and, in cl. (2) following section references in two places, deleted "of this title".

2010 Electronic Pocket Part Update

Act 2008-131 legislation

Act 2008-131, § 3, designated the existing text as subsec. (a) and therein deleted ", rifle or shotgun" following "carry a firearm"; and added subsecs. (b) and (c).

2000 Main Volume

Prior Laws:

1968, July 31, P.L. 802, § 1.

1968, July 30, P.L. 690, § 1.

1963, Aug. 13, P.L. 660, No. 346, § 1.

1961, Aug. 4, P.L. 921, § 1.

1953, July 27, P.L. 627, § 1.

1943, May 21, P.L. 485, § 1.

1943, May 21, P.L. 306, § 1.

1939, June 24, P.L. 872, § 628 (18 P.S. § 4628).

1931, June 11, P.L. 497, §§ 1 to 21.

Best Section Begin Search Term Begin 18 Search Term End Pa.C.S.A. § Search Term Begin 6107, Search Term End PA ST Search Term Begin 18 Search Term End Pa.C.S.A. § Search Term Begin 6107 Search Term End
Best Section End

Current through Act 2010-45, 47 AND 48


© 2010 Thomson Reuters.
END OF DOCUMENT


Term Best Section
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,395 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
So if you are on your way home from hunting camp when they declare a snow emergency, you best not have the rifle in the vehicle?
The law says carrying on the public streets or public property. It does not mention vehicle carry. In a snow emergency, normal vehicular traffic would be prohibited. If you are on your way home, you would be fine for both the weapon carry and driving home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,383 Posts
On your way home from camp would be on a public street, vehicle carry, walking carry, riding a horse carry, etc, all are forms of carry. Where in their does it exclude some types of carry? Do you think that transporting stolen goods in a truck is not possession of stolen property? If you hit somebody with your fist, a brick or your car it is still assault. There;s no exclusion for vehicle carry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,708 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
In case you folks are totally oblivious, Pa has a similar law in the crimes code. They were all taken from the model penal code in the 1970s and 1980s
Zimmer- there is a MAJOR exception that I think you missed:

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:


(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

The way I read this: Anyone who has a Carry permit is exempt from this law. In other words, you are allowed to carry a weapon in a state of emergency in PA as long as you have a LTCF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
I totaly agree with Zimmerstuzen!!
What these anti,scared to death of,get rid of, BADGUNS folks want in the above situation is for the NON CRIMINAL LEGAL GUN OWNER to turn his/her firearm in to the closest police station or firehouse and it will promptly be returned to him/her after the snow melts!!
THE EASTER BUNNY AND SANTA'S RUDOLF will handle returns
Smage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,708 Posts
This is taken from Moosemike;s link:

According to § 14 288.1 (10), a state of emergency exists “whenever, during times of public crisis, disaster, rioting, catastrophe, or similar public emergency, public safety authorities are unable to maintain public order or afford adequate protection for lives or property, or whenever the occurrence of any such condition is imminent.”

This is what I find outragious!!!!!!!!!!! So, they suspend all your gun rights JUST when you need them the most!!!!!!!!!
When the Police (by definition)cannot keep order and protect the citizens.......................WHAT????!!!!!!


Can you say COMMON SENSE???????!!!!!! (Actually, a total LACK thereof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Man, if I was a N. Carolinian, I would be up in arms about now!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,395 Posts
RutNut said:
zimmerstutzen said:
In case you folks are totally oblivious, Pa has a similar law in the crimes code. They were all taken from the model penal code in the 1970s and 1980s
Zimmer- there is a MAJOR exception that I think you missed:

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:


(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

The way I read this: Anyone who has a Carry permit is exempt from this law. In other words, you are allowed to carry a weapon in a state of emergency in PA as long as you have a LTCF.
That is correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,559 Posts
I have seen the stuff on this NC law before. I realized that back in 1960-something, they most likley took the word " *****" or "colored" out of the statute, but left the statute standing, intending to still use it against " colored people", but the gov't there still being racist tards would let whites off the hook by having LEO "look the other way". However it never got kicked off the books, and now applies to "everyone" in the state due to times a changin'.

Hmm, and NC isn't the only state with an " amended Jim Crow law". Time for Jim Crow to be GONE 100%. Just proves anti gunners are racists/fascists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,309 Posts
Truth is, in a REAL state of emergency CCW holders will be strapping them on tighter than ever.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top