The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wen squirrel hunting for a few hours today, and like wednesday, got no squirrels. Didnt even see them today. I did manage a crow however. It was a very dark and super tough meat. Not too bad tasting though

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an incredibly red and dark meat. It was very strange and tough. Next time I'll stew or crockpot it or let it age to tenderize it. Each breast was a little bigger than a ping pong ball, so wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
When crow hunting years ago a state trooper pulled into the parking area we just arrived at.
Just polite conversation to start. He asks what we were hunting. Crows we replied.
He then replies something like " oh I didn't know they stocked them around here".
We quickly said goodbye trying not to laugh to much.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have never shot a crow. Some old timers back when I was young would shoot them. Said the crow liver was excellent eating. I'm not a liver fan, but figured i'd pass along the info incase some here enjoy liver.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Congrats Richardv! I had kind of a similar week. I shot 5
squirrels and 3 crows the last two weekends. I wasn't
calling crows, as I often do, just in the right place at the
right times!Good luck with the squirrels!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Corey! I went out with a friend and we hunted all day yesterday and saw no squirrels until we decided to switch gears to archery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts