The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read this in my local paper so I cut/pasted some of it.

Tom Corbett says he'll consider a radio-show caller's suggestion that gun shows be banned on publicly owned property.

The caller on WITF's “Smart Talk” radio show Friday asked the governor why gun shows are allowed at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg and whether he'd support a ban.

Corbett said no one has ever suggested the idea to him before and promised to give it some thought.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not a thing. If that happens how about the sportmans show? Different yes but the same/ anti hunters and anti gun crowds are the same breed inside to me. Just my opion.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Corbett would do anything for a vote!! I hope he doesn't get too comfortable in the Governor's mansion because he will be moving soon!! I voted for him BUT am not afraid to say I made my worst voting error ever.
Dave

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would guess the gun shows stay in the complex...after all the commonwealth likes making a profit off of the rent it charges for all of the shows and events that use the complex throughout the year

·
Registered
283 Posts
At the complex the gun show promotion company rents the building for the weekend, and the complex charges$3797330939082 per car to park. My guess is the show stays right there. Its a pretty decent payday for the state.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
47studebaker said:
Corbett said no one has ever suggested the idea to him before and promised to give it some thought.
"Give it some thought" means "no"............You've got to understand the language of politicians.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
DCabets28 said:
Corbett would do anything for a vote!! I hope he doesn't get too comfortable in the Governor's mansion because he will be moving soon!! I voted for him BUT am not afraid to say I made my worst voting error ever.
Dave
Would you of rather had that Dan the tax man Onarato ignaramus idiot?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
His answer was just spur of the moment politics.

To be sure - make sure you use the email address provided.

Nut, since PA is the largest individual member NRA state and Corbett relies on NRA backing and will rely on it next year for his r-election - don't look for this to happen.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I read Corbett already reversed himself on that. The Farm Show Complex is open to all legitimate businesses, the gun dealers that show there are legitimate businesses, and there is no evidence anyone has broken any laws there. No doubt he'd have a legal fight if the state singled out certain classes of business to discriminate against.

Steve.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
good ole boy said:
DCabets28 said:
Dave
Would you of rather had that Dan the tax man Onarato ignaramus idiot?
Did not know his FULL name.

But VERY good point. Seems modern day politics has become one of holding your nose voting for the "least worst" rather than the "best".

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just a Governor playing to a radio call-in voter....much ado about nothing other than fuel to enflame the pro-gunners and anti-gunners alike.
More profiteering by both sides.

The Governor's NCAA suit is a mite more stupid and self-serving.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Gentlemen,
The farm show arena although controlled by the state is
open to all legal Pa businesses. I do believe Governor Corbett has corrected his prior statement already.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Not sure.................I am a Republican and always vote for the Rep. Governor and President(since Ron Reagan ran for President)BUT Corbett tried to privatize my job this year. I also notice the current Rep. are against unions more than ever. I may have to rethink my Governor vote as long as I am a unionized worker. Gun issues are important BUT without my job my family would suffer!!!
JMHO
Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
DCabets28 said:
Dave
i couldn't agree more!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts