The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
8,750 Posts
I'm with ya !!! NOT.....
I also think women should not wear bra's in public.
I also think we should be able to go without clothing in the public and at our jobs.
I think we should we allowed to yell "bomb" when we are in mid flight on an air plane.
I think tree trimmers should do away with their life lines and just hang on with one arm and chain saw with one hand.
I think all the EMS and medical personnel should adopt the no mask, no gloves, no protective anything.... REMEMBER, NO DANGER !!!!
I think we should be able to take a dump any where convenient instead of using a toilet.
I think we should be able to take a wizz anywhere we want even if it's indoors...
I'm also going to promote that the guys at the firehouse not use air packs the next time we have a working structure fire or any other call involving smokey or haz mat conditions BECAUSE it only reminds others of the DANGER that's out there...
I'm also going to promote that everyone NOT use a safety harness this year when we are ascending, sitting in and descending our tree stands.
I think the electric company linemen should work on our power lines without any safety gear, GOD knows if they wear those thick rubber gloves or use a grounding wand they may get the neighbors in a panic by showing they are working around DANGEROUS electrical lines .....
I also back that all surgeries be done by doctors in there street clothes, no need for sterilization, masks or anything like that, we don't want to alarm the patient to any DANGERS with cutting into your body....
I'm also for no car seats or seat belts, let's just see how the good old human body can take a bounce or two if some drunk decides to t-bone you or
your family. The babies are to small anyway to make a fuss if they get banged up.
What's a mask when we start doing all this other stuff .... Who's with me !!!!!
REMEMBER, THERE IS NO DANGER OUT THERE !!!!

Acually, except for some obviously ridiculously absurd points... sounds a lot like San Fransisco.

·
Registered
22,039 Posts
The virus sure as heck isn't going away around here.
It just keeps going places nobody even fathomed.

·
Registered
16,958 Posts
they want to open schools, they dont want to open schools, they want remote, online learning ! online learning wont happen around here. they closed all but one high school here due to financial problems last year. close to 2 thousand students in one school. they finished the year with online classes due to covid and made sure every student had a chromebook...lol
the school district reported that 40% of those chromebooks were never turned on...i bet they were sold..:) thats the inner city for ya..lol

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Can you cite any studies at all that prove beyond any doubt that no one who wears their mask religiously has ever gotten the virus?
Can you prove that it doesn't.
It has been shown that masks do cut down on the amount of particulates that come from your mouth and oppositely are breathed into your nostrils.
With your logic we should tell all EMS, surgeons, nurses and alike to do away with their masks because they don't work, never have never will...
All these years of lab personnel, EMS personnel, fire fighters, hospital personnel. doctors, nurses, surgeons have been using masks for operations, procedures, delivery of babies and it's all been a shame.
In the same manner you leave your house with clothes on because no one wants to see all your glory, masks are worn in the hopes that no one may ingest what you may be spewing...
If you are proponent of not wearing a mask, may I suggest you go to work today nude and see what kind of reaction you get...:)...

Reactions: bohunr

·
Administrator
28,157 Posts
It has been shown that masks do cut down on the amount of particulates that come from your mouth and oppositely are breathed into your nostrils.
With your logic we should tell all EMS, surgeons, nurses and alike to do away with their masks because they don't work, never have never will...
All these years of lab personnel, EMS personnel, fire fighters, hospital personnel. doctors, nurses, surgeons have been using masks for operations, procedures, delivery of babies and it's all been a shame.
In the same manner you leave your house with clothes on because no one wants to see all your glory, masks are worn in the hopes that no one may ingest what you may be spewing...
If you are proponent of not wearing a mask, may I suggest you go to work today nude and see what kind of reaction you get...:)...
The question asked was "Can you cite any studies at all that prove beyond any doubt that no one who wears their mask religiously has ever gotten the virus?"

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The question asked was "Can you cite any studies at all that prove beyond any doubt that no one who wears their mask religiously has ever gotten the virus?"
The same context can be had by saying " Can you cite any studies that prove beyond any doubt NOT wearing a harness religiously in a tree stand will keep you from falling"...
The same place that cites you are safer wearing a hard hat, a harness, life lines etc... is where you will find your study....
If you peruse the inner-web you will find plenty of medical and public opinion for both stances.
Just as there are no " no doubt, religious, cross your heart and hope to die" studies for any of the other examples I give you will be hard pressed to find anything to the contrary.
Nothing is "bullet proof", folks who wear hard hats, harness's and other protective equipment and devices will get hurt, the protective devices and garments are there to minimize those injuries just the same as folks in the trades wear face masks in dusty or poor air environments. There are no studies that specifically stipulate those masks to protect workers from poor environments will do anything but common sense to some say otherwise.
I don't wear a harness in my stand because I read a "study". I wear it because it is the common sense thing to do.
If someone told me that wearing a harness in a tree stand is ridiculous because there was not a "specific" study saying it would do anything to help you in a fall situation I would have the same retort.
BTW, plenty of folks fall out of trees every year and only have a couple black and blue marks and walk away. Some probably never say anything for the fear of being demoralized by their friends and spouses for being stupid to begin with.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Those 135,000 dead don’t care about a 99 percent survival rate and neither do their families. Also, the trumpvirus has infected over 3 million Americans. Who knows what the long term effects will be on those people. Maybe both of those numbers would be lower with some real leadership coming out of Washington, instead of the “I take no responsibility” leadership we have right now. Btw, I use the term leadership very loosely in this case.

I can just imagine what you guys would be saying if Obama handled this pandemic the same way trump handled it. You’d be saying he did a great job, right? 😂
Nothing would have come of it, it would have been just another virus to deal with. And your hero would not have been excoriated in the Leftist media like President Trump has been.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

Have you always worn a mask when you left your house? If not, why?

If masks are so effective then why wouldn’t you have always been wearing one to GUARANTEE that you would never, ever catch a cold or the flu again?

Oh, that’s right, because there hasn’t been a study yet that shows masks “protecting” anyone from anything...

Doctors and nurses wear masks IN THE OPERATING room, when there are open incisions and wounds and there is a threat of bacterial infection getting into them. When you are in the ICU or a normal hospital bed, how many times has a nurse or doctor walked in to check on you wearing a mask? Stop with this nonsensical apples to oranges comparison to try and prove some sort of point.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Have you always worn a mask when you left your house? If not, why?

If masks are so effective then why wouldn’t you have always been wearing one to GUARANTEE that you would never, ever catch a cold or the flu again?

Oh, that’s right, because there hasn’t been a study yet that shows masks “protecting” anyone from anything...

Doctors and nurses wear masks IN THE OPERATING room, when there are open incisions and wounds and there is a threat of bacterial infection getting into them. When you are in the ICU or a normal hospital bed, how many times has a nurse or doctor walked in to check on you wearing a mask? Stop with this nonsensical apples to oranges comparison to try and prove some sort of point.
That's absolutely correct, there is no point to a case study. Everyone knows there is no such thing.
The closest study is the Hong Kong study. You can look it up on the inner web. It's a CDC article.
That's exactly the point.
The wearing of a mask has nothing to do with an absolute just like all the examples I gave ( those oranges you speak of).
If you want to wear one then wear it.
If you don't then don't think less of anyone who does and don't propose starting a "trend" like Slay stated.
This back and forth is just as bad as "Black Lives Matter" who wants free housing....Has absolutely nothing to do with the root cause.
I wear a mask when I think it is appropriate.
I don't think I'm being controlled by "the man". I am not a dooms day'er. I take calculated risks and prepare accordingly.
Well boys, that's all the time I have this week....
We'll have to pick this back up on Monday....
Have a safe weekend everyone...

·
Registered
529 Posts
A big spike today in PA with over 1200 new cases, the most in quite a while. What I think is significant is that right now I believe more people are wearing masks than at any time during the pandemic. I think eventually even the biggest proponents of mask wearing will have to admit that there are plenty of people wearing masks who are catching the virus anyway.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Trout,
I can add another example.
The idiot down here in Upper Merion, Montgomery county who coached little league knowing he was positive.
Refuses to cooperate with the Montco Health Dept.
300 girls and boys now can't play baseball or softball.
There is an article out there on the inner web if you want to check it out.
Many many pool parties and graduation parties have been going on in the original hot spot of SE Pa.
Just saw a kid I coached years ago yesterday who contracted it at a pool party 2 weeks ago.
He's fine and symptom free now
I would not be surprised if that's the bulk of your cases, teenagers and young adults partying and large social gatherings....
Masks, not a chance.....
I'll have to check with the wife tonight and see if census has gone up any at the hospital.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I politely backed away but you are invoking my name in your response.

I am only using Dr Fauci's logic in his statement from June (a whole 3 weeks ago).

"masks are more of a symbol than anything. It lets others know your concerned for the welfare of their fellow human beings"

I am merely symbolizing my beliefs.
I am concerned about the level of gullibility of my fellow humans.

#Baaaaaaaaa is really trending at the moment.

·
Registered
16,958 Posts
A big spike today in PA with over 1200 new cases, the most in quite a while. What I think is significant is that right now I believe more people are wearing masks than at any time during the pandemic. I think eventually even the biggest proponents of mask wearing will have to admit that there are plenty of people wearing masks who are catching the virus anyway.
what area are these spikes coming from ? i bet its Philadelphia and pittsburgh. her in Erie its the 16503 zip code thats leading the pack. its the inner city, the poor black area. every now and then i drive thru and see large gatherings...no masks. i bet its the same in philly and pittsburgh too.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
That's absolutely correct, there is no point to a case study. Everyone knows there is no such thing.
The closest study is the Hong Kong study. You can look it up on the inner web. It's a CDC article.
That's exactly the point.
The wearing of a mask has nothing to do with an absolute just like all the examples I gave ( those oranges you speak of).
If you want to wear one then wear it.
If you don't then don't think less of anyone who does and don't propose starting a "trend" like Slay stated.
This back and forth is just as bad as "Black Lives Matter" who wants free housing....Has absolutely nothing to do with the root cause.
I wear a mask when I think it is appropriate.
I don't think I'm being controlled by "the man". I am not a dooms day'er. I take calculated risks and prepare accordingly.
Well boys, that's all the time I have this week....
We'll have to pick this back up on Monday....
Have a safe weekend everyone...
I don’t think less of anyone not wearing a mask, but at the same time I will not be lectured and accused of not caring or trying to MURDER people because I don’t wear one at all times.

That’s the biggest difference between liberals and conservatives. If a conservative doesn’t want to eat meat, he doesn’t and doesn’t say anything to anyone that does. If a liberals doesn’t want to eat meat, he wants to ridicule and bash you and have laws passed banning the eating of meat. If a conservative doesn’t want to own a gun, he doesn’t, and doesn’t try to keep anyone else from having one. A liberal doesn’t want a gun and...well, you know the rest of the story.

Right now, what’s happening from the media and the resident lecturers here, is the the “mask shaming” and accusatory language directed at anyone who disagrees with mask mandates and such. The narrative is that those who don’t wear a mask everywhere they go are responsible for the “spikes” and “surges” and there because they are “science deniers” and irresponsible...

But there is no scientific “proof” on masks preventing anything...

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Try this.

Go to Google and in the search bar, type in any 3 number combo. For instance, type in 234 or 123 and see what the first thing that pops up is...

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I just wonder how effective the home made masks are that I see many people wearing...I wear a "mask" when I must...not because I think it helps...the masks I wear were 3ply...when I bought them...now they are 1ply. :whistle:

241 - 260 of 277 Posts