The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the first day OK muzzleloader deer season. Got into the blind at about 06:30. At about 07:30 i heard something at the hog trap about 60 yards away. There was a coyote eating sweet feed from the feeder pan. Busted the coyote with my Encore: It was killed by the feeder pan. i'd rather kill a coyote than a deer; especially with a muzzleloader.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/alsaqr/DSC01230.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
Congratulations on that yote. Kansas has one less coyote also as I did the same thing the first day of muzzleloader season there. I nailed my yote at a lasered 57 yds. I thought as I approached that I would finally have a nice coyote to do a head mount. WRONG. It must have turned its head at the instant of the shot and I took it right in the head, oh well Kansas and OK both have one less egg eating, turkey killing, fawn killing song dog.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations on that yote. Kansas has one less coyote also as I did the same thing the first day of muzzleloader season there. I nailed my yote at a lasered 57 yds. I thought as I approached that I would finally have a nice coyote to do a head mount. WRONG. It must have turned its head at the instant of the shot and I took it right in the head, oh well Kansas and OK both have one less egg eating, turkey killing, fawn killing song dog.
Thanks. That was the fifth or sixth coyote i've killed with a muzzleloader since mid September. Coyotes get about one-third of the fawns in OK.

When i'm hunting, shooting coyotes takes precedent over everything else; except maybe a nice bull elk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts