The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
14,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fox and coyote ban Harding twp. Morris co.
Harding township Morris County NJ is introducing a resolution tonight with a second reading scheduled in December which will ban the trapping of red fox and coyote within the township by any means. It has been introduced on the guise of preserving predators of the white footed mouse. I will forward more info as I hear more.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Only in NJ would they worry more about mice and Lyme than rabies. I hope the sportsmen go to the meeting in force tonight.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Only in NJ would they worry more about mice and Lyme than rabies. I hope the sportsmen go to the meeting in force tonight.

They are not worried about mice and Lyme. They want to shut down trapping, and the mice population is the excuse. I heard the same (keep the rodent population down) logic being applied to the rattlesnake issue here in Pa.

Nevertheless, if I were a resident of that township, whether they successfully shut down the trapping. I would be at every meeting to build on their health scare panic. Pound on the table. Demand all kinds of silly nonsense. Bounty, free mice catching devices to all residents, developing a program similar to the adopt a mile litter program, ect ect. Make them wish they never brought he subject up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts