The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Bear Hunt Update

The black bear season is closed.

On June 21, 2021, New Jersey’s Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy (CBBMP) expired, and as such, there is no black bear hunt in 2021. In accordance with the Supreme Court ruling on September 27, 2007, no black bear hunt may occur without a properly-promulgated CBBMP proposed by the New Jersey Fish and Game Council and approved by the Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.

More information on the CBBMP will be posted on the Division of Fish and Wildlife’s website.

New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife

·
Registered
259 Posts
NJ farmers and hunters will continue with the unwritten policy of shoot shovel and shut up.
I know for a fact that the Gov of NJ has the ear of the tiny population of animal rights psychos. I have met some of those people and it's always the same small groups of folks charging ahead at the next animal rights "issue" they see. They get far more clout than their numbers can defend. There are far more hunters in NJ than COMMITTED animal rights people but the governor has a view point that is not based on science.
Time will tell - my money is on the hunt coming back once the Governor is gone. 100 percent politics in NJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts