The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with the owner and ordered another half dozen for trout season. Last year except for minnies here and there its all I used. Great lure and good guy to deal with!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was a die hard black roostertail guy till I used these.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Great lure just not as good as the old model!

·
Registered
312 Posts
How can you order them? prices and what color size would you say for trout?

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I went to the Jaffa Sport show just to stock up on them. I don't use them all the time, but they really work well for me when the water is high and/or cloudy. I liked them better when they had the little fin on them too. You can call them and ask for an order form. I use both the 1 1/2" and 2" models Trout Killers in both silver and gold.

Niti-1 Pcola's Lures
Box 61,516 fifth st.
St.Michael,Pa.15951
Ph.(814)-495-5007

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thank you! how much for half a dozen?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Half dozen shipped cost me 19 bucks and change.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Great to see you guys purchasing from my neck of the woods. His shop is about 7 miles from my house.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never used them but have heard the hype. Bought some at the Allegheny sports show last month. Cant wait to try them out!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
i cant fish these to save my life. Im assuming its all in the technique. I have a handful of them and I think I caught a trout 1 time maybe twice with them. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Buk_Huntir said:
i cant fish these to save my life. Im assuming its all in the technique. I have a handful of them and I think I caught a trout 1 time maybe twice with them. Not my cup of tea.
You aren't alone, I have a couple of the originals and some of the new style, they just don't fish for me the way others claim. I may have caught one dumb pellethead on them, but that is about it. I don't doubt they work, they just don't work with my technique.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
Buk_Huntir said:
You aren't alone, I have a couple of the originals and some of the new style, they just don't fish for me the way others claim. I may have caught one dumb pellethead on them, but that is about it. I don't doubt they work, they just don't work with my technique.
Seems like there is only one way to fish them. SLOW. Ive had plenty of strikes but the hookup ratio is terrible. Forget using them in current all they do is skip on the surface. Like you said though im sure that they have their place, just not in my tackle selection LOL

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I have found working them against the current helps some of those problems. You are tying right to the split ring at the top of the lure right? NOT tying directly to the lure?

I've never really had a problem with them. Just a steady retrieve.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
ACEarcher said:
I have found working them against the current helps some of those problems. You are tying right to the split ring at the top of the lure right? NOT tying directly to the lure?

I've never really had a problem with them. Just a steady retrieve.
Ive tried everything. I dont find them any more productive than say a kastmaster or phoebe. To each their own. I will leave the stock of Niti lures for the western PA crowd

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I also like the originals better than the new style but found that if you put a small bead of solder where the fin used to be, they seem to work better. These are my go-to trout lure. I cast them straight across the stream and reel them in slow with my rod tip low. Most hits occur when they make it downstream and begin to swing back across towards me (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
tfabarcher35 said:
Great lure just not as good as the old model!
I just said that on another thread. What exactly do you think the difference is. I lost my last "old" one, it was a sad day.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts