The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i purchased a Nikon Prostaff Refurb for my new Inline... i'm starting to get buyers remorse for buying a refurb...

it was $130 (BDC)... anybody have any experience with the nikon refurbs?

Z

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
no issues with nikon refurbs that I knnow of or have heard of.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The thing that scares me the most about Nikon refurbs. Is #1 that they even sell them. And #2 the fact that there are so many of them available. That gives me an indication of their initial quality. Tom.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was going to put it on an inline. i think i may return it and just buy a new one from basspro... it was 130.

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
Not that it matters but some refurbs are because the buyer has remorse over spending money and returns the items.They just make up a reason.I bought a refurb weed eater and it is the best one I ever owned for less than half the price.I abuse it and it keeps on running.Starts on the second pull.Try the scope refurb doesn't always mean bad.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know... but my logic is... why save only 30dollars for a 90 day warrenty... if it was bigger savings i'd be ok with it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have purchased high end cameras and lenses ($1500.00 plus) from Nikon. Sure the warranty is shorter, but what are the chances of something going wrong within the first year that wouldn't have gone wrong the first 3 months? I can tell you this, I have been beyond satisfied with every Nikon refurbished product I have owned, and so have the others that I recommended them to.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So you are returning it even though there is nothing wrong with it? Every brand has issues whether they refurbish them to sell again I don't know. I have bought a refurbed Nikon Buckmaster and had no problems at all. The money saved was used for other itemss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts