The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a new scope for a recent rifle purchase. Ran across one of these. I have a couple buck masters on a few guns. Always held zero and never an issue. How much better are these scopes because there is definitely a big difference in price.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Usually better glass. Generally the higher the price the better the glass and coatings.
If you ever get the chance to use, not just test in a store but use a high end optic in the field you will notice the difference. Looking through a $2,500.00 pair of Swarovski bino and a $500.00 pair of Leupolds you will notice a big difference. In a Pa. deer hunting scenario once a year? IMO price matters little. If it holds zero and stays clear it will work.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
If you like the scope and are getting a good deal, by all mean buy it. All the Nikon Monarch scopes are good to go.

I bought a couple of the Nachez refurbs and have not had a problem.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just got back from the shop. I took that monarch outside along with a vortex diamondback and honestly for a 200 dollar price difference I can live with the diamondback for my hunting situations. Very nice optic for the money with a warranty that can't be beat. Of course I didn't save $200 dollars because I just blew the $200 on other stuff I wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts