The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabela's has this scope for $130 and free shipping. It has some pretty poor reviews on the Cabelas web site saying the turrets are not the hand adjust turrets and the glass doesn't seem like the quality of the older Buckmasters. Any ideas if Nikon lowered the quality of the Buckmasters lately? I know they are discontinued.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I think I just got my question answered. Talked with Cabela's and this is a "Cabelas Exclusive" model...ie. made cheaper to look like they are offering a really good price on the OEM model. Gotta love the big box stores

·
Registered
447 Posts
I wondered about that. I saw the pic in the flyer and scope front bell looked a bit of a different shape. The turret caps also looked like the older style. Good know that it isn't the same. I wonder what is closer to them. I have two of the Prostaff scopes which were below the Buckmasters scope, and I really them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are prostaff scopes with a new name. If you look at the length and weight specs, these "NEW" buckmasters are almost identical to the prostaff scopes. Same on Nikon to put the name of a really good product on a much inferior one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts