The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at a scope with lighted crosshairs. I like My Hawke scope that came with my Mission Xbow.

Agree. I have an illuminated Red Hot scope that came with my Parker crossbow, and I can't go back to no having that feature. Last light shots on the lowest illumination setting are dramatically more confidence-inspiring because you can clearly make out your reticle without washing out the target, nor trying to figure out if a non-illuminated reticle is set where you think it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought one for the TenPoint last summer, and I like it a lot. Positive adjustments and pretty clear. I only sight in at 20 and 30 yards because I don't care to shoot farther at deer. The two dots for those ranges are dead on target every time. I shot from a sandbag setup on a table to verify. Also, it has held zero even after my crossbow slid off of my tire while it was standing up and the scope took the weight of the fall. Dented my scope cap but the zero stayed the same. You know you can also go on to Nikon's website and enter your arrow weight and velocity and it gives you the yardage value for each dot based on that. It was within a yard of what the website told me, so that's pretty good on Nikon's part.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
i saw poor reviews on this scope on cabelas website. No one had anything bad to say about the Hawke so its what I bought. No problems. Mines just a yard toy though. I've only taken it for deer a handful of times. Next year I'm going to use it more.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I just put one on my dad's crossbow last fall. It's much clearer than any other scope he had used. I like the dots too and they are dead on. Gathers light in lowlight conditions pretty well also. I personally don't care for illuminated reticles so that is no issue to me. Good scope. IMHO.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have looked at, and tried various scopes. I settled for the Excalibur Tact-Zone. I love mine, and although some do not like the lighted markings--I do. Also the ranges are marked with actual numbers--20 through 60 yards. I currently wouldn't want any other scope on my crossbow. I like it that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts