The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved and have been watching the deer patterns around my house. I have founds tons of signs. Tracks, trail cam pics, cleaned up all the dropped apples etc. and I see them running through the yard. Problem is it is always at night time.

I'm trying to come up with a strategy and where to but my archery stand next year but it seems I can never find them in the daylight.
I don't own enough property to do deer drives, only 5 acres. Need advice..

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
can you get into their bedding area ? Bet you beat them their that would do the trick.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Trail Cat said:
I recently moved and have been watching the deer patterns around my house. I have founds tons of signs. Tracks, trail cam pics, cleaned up all the dropped apples etc. and I see them running through the yard. Problem is it is always at night time.

I'm trying to come up with a strategy and where to but my archery stand next year but it seems I can never find them in the daylight.
I don't own enough property to do deer drives, only 5 acres. Need advice..
Can you make your 5 acres a bedding area?? (IE cut/hinge trees ) If not..

Suggestion 2: You can do what most do and take the rut off and hunt everyday, they will come thru then.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
If you only own five acres and can’t hunt the surrounding areas you might not ever have a lot of luck at getting deer on your property during daylight hours.

If you can’t get between the bedding and feeding area your best bet is probably to plant some good food species and just hope they show up before dark.

Dick Bodenhorn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts