The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of my shots from night time. Camera on the tripod and using the remote. Some of you might of seen these pictures before I don't rember if I posted them on here or not.

My Boat

Left HIA Airpot and TMI to the Right

HIA Airpot

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sagitarius came out pretty nice in the last one! Lots of light pollution.....in a dark sky you'd be able to pick up the milkyway....

To you have any telescope on a motorized equatorial mount?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rugged Hunter said:
Sagitarius came out pretty nice in the last one! Lots of light pollution.....in a dark sky you'd be able to pick up the milkyway....

To you have any telescope on a motorized equatorial mount?
I would love to get away from the city lights and get some shots from the night sky. But don't really know where to go for that.

I have no telescope I would like to have one someday But I just don't got the money right now for that. Are you around the Harrisburg area maybe we can hook up some time and shoot the stars.

·
Registered
731 Posts
One of the darkest spots east of the Mississippi River is Cherry Springs State Park near Coudersport, PA. It's a real shame when you think about how different our night sky looks from just 50 years ago. The awe and beauty and wonder of looking into a clear crisp dark night sky is like having a national park right in your back yard! Jaws would be dropping on every face if people could suddenly see magnitude 7 stars like our entire human ancestory could until 50 years ago. Nowadays you can't even make out the Little Dipper unless you're way out in the country.

Check out this site: http://cleardarksky.com/csk/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts