The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to use my Night Eyes headlamp and red dagger gun mount light last night.
Hands down the red dagger was the brighter of the 2, tried the Night Eyes on both setting and on high it wasn't close to the red dagger.

For all you guys that have the Night Eyes headlamp, are the supposed to be bright bright or just bright enough to pick up eyes out 150 yds or so?

Dan

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dan,

The Night Eyes headlamp is not designed as a shooting light. The orange peel reflector fragments the throw of the light so it will not burn the predator but will reflect the eyes at extreme distances. You do not have to have the center of the beam directly on the predator to pick up the eyes. The Night Eyes headlamp is programmable and the second setting can be set at any light intensity you choose. I had mine set at approx. 60% last night and I watched a red fox approach from slightly over 280 yards away. Just so you understand each of the Night Eyes Products is intended for a specific use.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I'm useing useing the noxx's red daggar and the headlamp and they both work great,but the headlamp is not as powerful as the red daggar..headlamp is my scan light..

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Where did you fellas buy your Red Daggers from? Direct from Noxx? Any of the HPA sponsors carry them? Would like to get the accesory kit with pressure switch as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
dpms said:
Where did you fellas buy your Red Daggers from? Direct from Noxx? Any of the HPA sponsors carry them? Would like to get the accesory kit with pressure switch as well.
Noxx is still listed as a sponsor.

I purchased their headlamp in the beginning of the season. Works perfect. I don't use a gml so it has a dual purpose

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Hey Sam..i use to live in Lake Ariel back in the mid 80's RD1 right on the lake...I miss the fishing..Here's a pic of my Red Daggar setup...Noxx's lights are awsome..

G

·
0 Posts
I only own the Night Eyes light (for a headlight) and of the few I have tested I chose the Night Eyes. IMHO it is a great headlight and seems to have a real quality build to it. I used mine for 12 hours last night. It is amazing how light this headlight is and I think the construction of this light will hold up for many years of hard use. I'm amazed at how great lights are today compared to just five years ago.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Samuel said:
dpms said:
Noxx is still listed as a sponsor.

I purchased their headlamp in the beginning of the season. Works perfect. I don't use a gml so it has a dual purpose
Well, I'll be. All one has to do is look to the right, LOL. Thanks. Gonna get ahold of them this week. Thanks, Samuel.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
BoondockOutdoors said:
I was just aproved by Noxx as dealer.. I will be placing my first order Tomorrow am!!

Jeremiah
Hey, when you get the stock shoot me a PM if ya can. I will check your website as well for availibility. Glad I came back and looked. Was just about to place a order with Noxx direct. Looking for the Red Dagger and accessory kit.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I guess its worth mentioning im using the older discontinued noxx red dagger. that new one on your gun is much bigger and it looks great! even the old one was super bright and its just a small light.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Sw the reddaggar is sweet...powerful also...but remember to bring extra battiers just in case....I was thinking about putting recharges in...but i bought the accessery with it..so i just pop the holder in it with fresh battiers..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts