The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Outstanding!! CONGRATS Blackpowder on bagging that nice doe!! Great shot!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Congrats!

That is one gorgeous gun! What type of wood is the stock, and did you do the work or someone else?

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Deer, its what's for dinner. Where did your PRB hit her? Go right down or did you have to track?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone! that's the rifle I built about 3 years ago. the stock is grade 4 curly maple. 37" Colerain D weight swamped barrel. I shoot my moose load in it for deer, which is a bit heavy, but I know where it shoots with that load, so why fool with it.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
thanks everyone! that's the rifle I built about 3 years ago. the stock is grade 4 curly maple. 37" Colerain D weight swamped barrel. I shoot my moose load in it for deer, which is a bit heavy, but I know where it shoots with that load, so why fool with it.
A heavy hitter for sure!! My 54 caliber PA Mountain Rifle has a 38″ swamped Colerain barrel. Most accurate smoker ive ever owned.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A heavy hitter for sure!! My 54 caliber PA Mountain Rifle has a 38″ swamped Colerain barrel. Most accurate smoker ive ever owned.

this is the same gun as the .62, only in .54 cal. and will have steel trimmings instead of brass. it is for my grandson that's due in December. I have a rifle built for my daughter, son and my two current grand children. and it sounds like I may have to build another for a future grand child:grin2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts