The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
The puny bed and the sissy fancy interior is for city folks and truck pretenders.The off road course it was on with pot holes was not a very impressive course to show it,s off road prowness.I,ll tell you all this though the J series trucks Jeep made before the Chyrsler take over were true battle tanks.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I don't believe any truck is <span style="font-style: italic">"what it used to be"</span>

Take your fist and punch a pick made in the 70's inside the box.....you will hurt your hand....do it to any of todays trucks, you will dent the box !!

Don't throw jeep under the bus all by themselves.......there are others who deserve to join them.....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you, when I slam the door on my 2013 F150 I can tell that it's not as solid as my 97 Dodge was. I can also feel a big difference in the tailgates. It's all about making them lighter for better gas mileage .

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
THINBLUELINE said:
I hear you, when I slam the door on my 2013 F150 I can tell that it's not as solid as my 97 Dodge was. I can also feel a big difference in the tailgates. It's all about making them lighter for better gas mileage .
I think I could probably dent the door panels on my F150 with my finger. I'm surprised they don't buffet in the wind, honestly.

My tailgate on my '02 F150 must have weighed close to 100lbs....my '10 F150's tailgate is half as heavy if that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It looks nice, but I could think of about 50 different "real" trucks that I would rather purchase for far less that $70K.
Check some local guys who do the same custom jeep truck builds. River Raider Off-Road in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
JasonN said:
THINBLUELINE said:
I think I could probably dent the door panels on my F150 with my finger. I'm surprised they don't buffet in the wind, honestly.

My tailgate on my '02 F150 must have weighed close to 100lbs....my '10 F150's tailgate is half as heavy if that.
Aren't the newer tailgates spring assisted to make them just feel lighter? Don't get me wrong, they are getting thinner with the metal but I'm pretty sure the tailgates still weigh a ton but just have an assisting mechanism. I know my dad's titan gate weighs a freakin' ton while my 09 F-150 could be closed with two fingers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts