The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Man, I love my 1996 2 door 4x4 Tahoe a lot but I want a 3/4 4x4 Suburban bad!! Nothing past 1999 though.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Great video of a truck from the era of..... back when a Coke was a Coke, a Hoe was a Hoe.....and Cracks what you were doen...when you were Cracking jokes........

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buzz said:
Great video of a truck from the era of..... back when a Coke was a Coke, a Hoe was a Hoe.....and Cracks what you were doen...when you were Cracking jokes........
It certainly was a different time and a different place. I think that is one of the reasons why these old trucks are so popular.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yes sir
I have a new one, but still love those old ones, and no question, the old ones were built better !!!

Would love to have a 69 Chevy with a Duramax in it !!!! Black and Silver two tone by the way................

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
octagon said:
Man, I love my 1996 2 door 4x4 Tahoe a lot but I want a 3/4 4x4 Suburban bad!! Nothing past 1999 though.
Don't let that 2 door Tahoe go or you'll regret it. They are becoming classics.A lot of guys are transplanting the LS series motors in them and knocking down some good gas mileage numbers with INCREDIBLE horse power numbers.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A 69 Chevy with a DURAMAX and the rest of the drive train...now that's a dream truck! Hey you know you can build anything!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it's a numbers macthing vehicle "most aren't", then I agree. Other wise upgrading the brakes, suspension, electical,drive train, etc. is a wise move. IMO.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I agree, while older vehicles are nice, sometimes a combination of old and new technology are the best end result.
I think what GOB was tryen to say is....he hates diesels......

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Your wrong.I have owned dozens of antique and classic cars and still own some.I had a 1950 Chevy Deluxe Sport Coupe that had the 216,3 speed on the column,6 volt with stock drums and that car would start like a champ,stop on a dime and run like a top.You almost couldn,t even hear that car idiling. People don,t know how to work on em so they put modern garbage on em.Take 6 volts foe example.Everone converts even tractors that have virtually nothing they need 12 volts for cause they don,t know how to tune,adjust,calibrate a vehicle or tractor.I laugh when someone converts to 12 volt cause they say their vehicle or tractor won,t start or crank on 6 volts.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow!
I guess drum brakes are better than discs, points are better than HEI, manual steering better than varible ratio power, etc. etc. etc.! Have a nice day!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
GOB lives in another dimension, he has yet to figure out that new technology has it's advantages.

Just look at the suspension and ride of a 1970 Chevy....compared to a new Chevy. Better suspension travel means better ride, and better off road performance. That is a fact !
And that is just one example....add disc brakes, fuel injection, better tranny's, better electronics, etc...etc

Funny how new vehicles are rated for 8,000 mile oil changes, plugs and tune up's at 80,000 miles....etc....

I still admit that the old ones were made with more steel, and are a solid vehicle, just pointing out that new technology does work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts