The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to scout for geese today and find a spot in SGL. My stepdad, daughter and I walked around while my wife and mom stayed in the car. We saw someone walking around with his dog, so we kept our distance. After scouting we got back to the car only to find out that he had gone to the parking lot and given his two pheasants to my mother after they had a short conversation. I guess if we don't get any geese we will have pheasant at mom's house tomorrow night. Thank you, whoever you are.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I hope it was a nice gesture and not someone giving you birds they were going to trash. This seems to be more and more common. I was taught to eat what I shot or don't shoot it. Birds are being left all over the game lands I visit. Guys don't want to clean them and not really interested in eating them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They weren't being thrown out. He said his wife doesn't care for pheasant so he wanted to share them. I think he was just running his dog for some fun and bagged a couple. We went today, but a few guys got there before us and we watched about 100 geese take off as we were getting our gear together. So, we put on the orange and ended up getting one pheasant each. It was my first, so I was pretty excited. I was never a hunter growing up, so I am just getting started. What a great time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts