The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks like it. There's two kinds a "yellow" and a "white" that looks like the white to me. Looks alittle older than what I'd pick. But that's because I am very picky about bugs. I picked some this year and when I was cutting them up they were full of these little worms. Soooo I only pick suuper fresh ones.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have some of these on a Cherry Stump in my yard. Didn't know what they were so left them. Now they are getting real hard and woody feeling them. I stopped eating wild mushrooms a few years ago when I was rushed to the hospital after eating one and drinking a beer.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Had a bunch of them growing on a stump at camp , they turned brown and stink alot now.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Yep. Them's Chicken-O-Da-Woods. Edible, but not real good in my opinion. Better served as a "stock" for soups than trying to fry and eat, but again, my opinion.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yes they are chickens. Cut the tender outer parts and fry quick in garlic and olive oil. Dont pick chickens that are growing on conifer trees. Can cause stomach issues in some people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts