The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK (AP) - The NHL and the NHL Players' Association have announced a tentative labor agreement.

A marathon negotiating session that lasted more than 16 hours and stretched from early Saturday afternoon until Sunday morning produced a deal that will ultimately end the lockout that reached its 113th day on Sunday.

The NHL avoided the embarrassment of having a second season lost because of a labor dispute when no other North American sports league ever had to cancel one.

A lockout eight years ago that ushered in a salary-cap system to hockey for the first time wiped out the entire 2004-05 season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts



Thank the baby Jesus for that! I was getting all grumpy and whatnot now that football season is over.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
6,450 Posts
this could turn out to be the best regular season ever every game will count.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
treestand91 said:
this could turn out to be the best regular season ever every game will count.
That's what I'm hoping,it should be a more intense regular season rather than the 82 game season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
Pa. Slim said:
i was hopeing they would not settle. not a hockey fan and their season is too long.
If you aren't a hockey fan, what difference does it make to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
You know, if the Flyers weren't part of the NHLPA, this thing would have been settled more quickly. Hard to deal with union thugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,036 Posts
Buckethead said:
You know, if the Flyers weren't part of the NHLPA, this thing would have been settled more quickly. Hard to deal with union thugs.


And having Cindy as the spokeswomen didn't help either!!


Man, that felt good. How I miss the hockey banter.


Hallelujah!!! I can't stand winter without hockey. Not having the Winter Classic this season was bad enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
Peppy said:
Buckethead said:
You know, if the Flyers weren't part of the NHLPA, this thing would have been settled more quickly. Hard to deal with union thugs.


And having Cindy as the spokeswomen didn't help either!!


Man, that felt good. How I miss the hockey banter.
Crosby is the only one who could comminucate in an intelligent manner. They couldn't have Giroux grunting and Bryzgalof babbling about bears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,036 Posts
Buckethead said:
Peppy said:
Buckethead said:
You know, if the Flyers weren't part of the NHLPA, this thing would have been settled more quickly. Hard to deal with union thugs.


And having Cindy as the spokeswomen didn't help either!!


Man, that felt good. How I miss the hockey banter.
Crosby is the only one who could comminucate in an intelligent manner. They couldn't have Giroux grunting and Bryzgalof babbling about bears.
With more grunting and bear bubbling talk, they would have probably understood better and got a deal done sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
That and if Danielle would have stopped wearing her mini skirt and distracting everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,036 Posts
Buckethead said:
That and if Danielle would have stopped wearing her mini skirt and distracting everyone.
But ya gotta admit... He did like good, especially standing next to his bff, Cindy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
Peppy said:
Buckethead said:
That and if Danielle would have stopped wearing her mini skirt and distracting everyone.
But ya gotta admit... He did like good, especially standing next to his bff, Cindy.
Everyone is positively a-buzz about it!



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
Matt Cooke and Zac Rinaldo have been suspended by the league, just because it seemed like the right thing to do to start the year.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top