The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
most of the bad teams already dumped their coaches before the season ended.

·
6,669 Posts
Fox will not be back in Carolina (not fired, just not renewing the contract) appears to be the same for Cable in Oakland (which I don't understand).

Coughlin wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Cleveland fired Mangini after two losing seasons.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
CRENoutdoors said:
Fox will not be back in Carolina (not fired, just not renewing the contract) appears to be the same for Cable in Oakland (which I don't understand).

They are keeping Coughlin from what I have read online.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
CRENoutdoors said:

You would have much better luck trying to figure out women than figuring out what Al Davis is doing.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Washpa Randy said:
Lewis'contract is up. They will just agree to go their seperate ways. imo
When it comes to a head coach, if the contract was not renewed, you were fired!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
Mangini will always have a special place in my heart, as he was the guy who nailed the Cheatriots in Spygate. Holmgren putting himself into the HC position would be a bad idea as well, since it would be a temporary situation, and that is not what you want at the HC. One reason the Steelers have been so successful since the merger is that they have had fewer coaches than the Catholic Church has had Popes. Part of it is that, at least on Cowher and Noll, they caught lightning in a bottle, and got a supremely talented head coach. Jury is still out on Tomlin. But the Rooneys also are very patient with coaches. They pick guys who share their vision of how the game should be played, which also means that the personnel is in place to succeed. The Steelers actually have suffered a little of this with the offense under Arians. He wants to run a 60 pass per game offense with a lineup that in large part was drafted to play Steeler football, not Patriot football. Cleveland has to realize that the people aren't in place to convert to a West Coast offense, and they certainly have work to do on the defensive side of the ball.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
The name of the song says it all to the Ariens haters.....
You may not like the way Arians calls a game, but it is what it is. The Steelers are 43 and 21 in the regular season since the 2007 season. That's a 67% winning percentage. From 2003 to 2006, the Steelers had a record of 40 and 24 that's a 63% winning percentage. Quit whining, and get behind the team.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
The play calling has been better. They have done a better job running the ball, controlling the clock and playing more REAL Steeler football. When we are at 3rd and an Inch, or at the goal line, we have stopped with the sissy 5 WR formations, lined up with 2 guys in the backfield, including a guy who can actually run block, hand it to Mendenhall, and pound it into the end zone. As it should be done in Pittsburgh. This has been beneficial to the defense, which is really the most important thing, and has resulted in the best defense in football, and the best one we've had since Cowher left.

Arians Special Play Calling

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Washpa Randy said:
Q2XL12 said:
I highly doubt Marvin Lewis will resign in Cincy
Lewis'contract is up. They will just agree to go their seperate ways. imo
He will not Re-sign. Not resign. He has demands that Paul Brown is not willing to give in to.

If I was a HC and had my choice I would not go to Cincy, Cleveland, Oakland, Dallas or Washington

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Adam scheffter is claiming the Bengals and Lewis are going to reach an extension in the next 24 hrs...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts