The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody see that helmut to helmut hit on Newton at the end of the game last night? It was the fourth helmut to helmut hit he took during the game.

I can't believe nobody came out to check on him. Concussion protocol? He looked a little dazed to me and he laid on the ground for a few seconds after it happened.

After the game he told a reporter that somebody asked him a few questions but he couldn't remember the questions or who asked him.

Sounds like a concussion to me. Any thoughts?

Btw, it was great game to watch.

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
I thought helmet to helmet hits were illegal? Were there penalties called? Players removed from the game and suspended for those illegal hits? If not, why not?

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the play I'm referring to, there was a flag thrown for the helmut to helmut hit. However, Newton was also flagged for a intentional grounding penalty, so the penalties offset. No flags on the other hits. Blind refs I guess.

My point is, that nobody bothered to check Newton out. They have people in a booth that are supposed to watch that stuff and they can call a timeout to have the player evaluated. Nothing from them either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts