The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NFL has approved a rule change that will allow coaches to challenge both offensive and defensive pass interference calls and also non P. I. calls.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I can't say I like it ..at all
and its not because I don't want to get the right call

but to me , this is the equivalent of making holding or non holding on an offensive lineman reviewable.
sorry but there is to much going on ,on every play someone can be nitpicked and called for something.
do you really want a zebra in a booth deciding on any given play whether that hand touching another player is or is not foul worthy?
there can be no consistency in a league know for already being inconsistent.

if it were only on scoring plays I wouldn't be as reluctant
and I would much rather see replay expanded to personal foul calls and non calls instead

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
they should just play by after school rules and get the job done.
Would make the games more interesting:grin2:

At this rate just develop software that will review the plays using the many angles the game gets filmed from and let the computer make the calls and do away with the ref's.

If that was the case I bet New England would have the ability to hack into the review process before the bye week.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would make the games more interesting:grin2:

At this rate just develop software that will review the plays using the many angles the game gets filmed from and let the computer make the calls and do away with the ref's.

If that was the case I bet New England would have the ability to hack into the review process before the bye week.
Yeah!! baby GO PATS! Upcoming 7X!

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
don't get me wrong I want the game to be called correct, but the only way I see this being a good thing is if only the Refs monitoring in NY could stop game and address this issue.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Just because they’re reviewing it doesn’t mean they’ll get the call right.

You’re right. Nothing is 100 percent guaranteed and even if they review, it may not be conclusive but it would increase the chances of getting it right.
Sometimes they have it right to start with and replay gets it wrong.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just a knee jerk reaction to the Saints game, there will be so much confusion this yr I don t see this lasting more than 1 yr. Those DB don t have a chance with the stupid calls you see every week IMO they have ruined the game to some extent!!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
don't get me wrong I want the game to be called correct, but the only way I see this being a good thing is if only the Refs monitoring in NY could stop game and address this issue.
I may be wrong but I think it's baseball that defers to New York headquarters. Aren't all NFL games monitored "upstairs on location".

No matter, it will lengthen games, increase scoring, and open up some brand new scenarios. Defensive backs are going to be neutered.....(worse than they are now). It will change the game.
If I'm a coach each 3rd and 15 plus I'm flooding one side and throwing deep every single time. In the red zone, 5 wide every third down. Defensive backs are going to need real short memories.

I do not like the ongoing trend of turning sports into video games. Reckon I'm just old school.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I think reviews in the nfl are handled in 2 stages
if its a standard called review like on a score or turnover or in the last 2 min and the result of the call is blatantly obvious its handled upstairs on location
but if something comes into question , or some kind of gameplay decision has to be made the lead referee back at headquarters gets involved

1 - 16 of 16 Posts