The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of Cam Newton to the Pats?

A brilliant move by Bill? Or a desparation move when the other options are Hoyer and Stidham?

Is Newton too beat up to be effective anymore? Can he just fit in and maybe accept a backup role, or will ego get in the way? Can he regain the form that took Carolina to the Super Bowl?

Me, I think the Pats are in trouble, the run is over and Brady knew it.

AFC East is no longer AFC Least. Bills are legit and young, Fins look to be on the right path on the rebuild, and the Jets have some pieces.

Not too ling ago you could spot New England 6-0 or 5-1 just because they played in a weaker division. Not anymore.

And a knocked around Newton isn't the fix.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
What do you think of Cam Newton to the Pats?

A brilliant move by Bill? Or a desparation move when the other options are Hoyer and Stidham?

Me, I think the Pats are in trouble, the run is over and Brady knew it.
I also think the Pats are in trouble but Bill is Bill and I am looking forward to see what he puts together.

As for Cam it always seemed he wanted to be the center of attention. If he can't perform he will be the center of controversy.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Bellicheat took Moss back in the day and cleaned up his act for a while. I think he can do the same with Cam. Newton was, by far, the best option out there, he just needs to be schooled in the Patriot way. He'll be ok, short term.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I agree with Danesdad. Newton was the best option out there. The dynasty more than likely won't be rekindled this year though. Pats still have their greatest asset, Belichick. It will be a different team post Brady , tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts