The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on going to Newfoundland in 2013 for Moose?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
If I can somehow convince a friend or family member, I would be there this fall. I've been working several people for about 2 years now. One of these years I will get one of them to cave.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
One of the best trips I ever did! Got the Newfie Slam and so did my brother. Other hunter with us also took a moose and a bear. He could have taken a caribou too! He wishes he had because to hunt the Woodland now it is quit expensive! $12500.00

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Bunch of us are heading to Red Indian Lake first week. Hunted twice with Robert's Outfitting before. No complaints with them, just trying a different area. Last trip out of 14 guys we took 12 moose and one Caribou. Passed on several smaller bears.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been to Red Indian Lake 8 times. I went there twice last fall. We all killed bulls, a 10,11, two 12s, two 13s, 14 and a 22 point bulls. Always fun. My favorite time of the year.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
jbee, Whats the price on a moose hunt at Red Indian Lake?
I sent them an e-mail a few weeks back, no reply yet.
How far ahead do you usually need to book a hunt?
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
$4200 on moose. Includes license and airport pick up. They will have some unsold slots for 2013 because of the cancellation of the Harrisburgh show. I usually like to book all hunts a year out, to get more favorable weeks. Fred and Shirley are doing snowmobile tours now in the back country and probably haven't had Internet service to get your email.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Thanks for the info. What are considered the prime dates to schedule a hunt?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've gone there as early as Sept. 20th, and as late as Thanksgiving. Most folks want 3 rd week Sept through Mid Oct. I really like the mid to late Nov. We're the only hunters there, weather is cold, usually have some snow and we see plenty of moose. Bear season is over though, but mid Nov. is also great for caribou.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Booked a hunt with Conne River Outfitters Newfoundland for the 2nd week of October. Going for Moose and Black Bear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts