The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions on Woodland Lodges or Island Safaris? Mainly looking for Woodland Caribou hunt. Thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
search through the outfitters section on the site.From all I've heard about Newfoundland, you want an outfitter that will fly you back in.Otherwise, you deal with alot of locals.I would contact the outfitter and have him send references too.I like to talk with the unsuccessful guys about any hunt I plan to go on.Just keep in mind, alot of those guys expected animals tied to trees for their money.Write down a list of questions, and call as many as he gives you.Ask them all the same thingIf the outfitter won't give you names of unsuccessful hunters then find another outfitter
Those hunts cost a decent penny, so make sure you do your homework

·
Registered
91 Posts
I heard some bad things about some outfitters up there. I would go with a consultant. That will take some of the guess work out of it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jackie Moon said:
I heard some bad things about some outfitters up there. I would go with a consultant. That will take some of the guess work out of it.
I hunted NF caribou with an outfitter that I booked through a consultant. PM if you want more info but the herd is WAY down since I was up there. Best of luck.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Browningold is correct in that the herd is way down. Outfitters find out in March how many tags they will get. Some of the bigger operations now only get 10-12 tags per year. If you can get a tag and go with a good outfitter, success rates continue to be high and some great bulls are still being taken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts