The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't realize this forum was here. I recently got interest in metal detecting but haven't found anything good yet. Looking forward to learning from you diggers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the hobby. I have experienced great enjoyment and made great friends in this hobby. Look around and see if you have a club nearby. I used to meet with a group every month for dinner and a nice meeting. Veterans can give you a lot of advice and may even take you along on some of their hot sites to really get your feet wet. Once you really step onto a virgin site with some age your blood starts boiling and the fever comes and never lets go. I do not get out like i used to due to work and raising a family, but when we do we usually do really well due to experience and having the knowledge due to research, that is the key. Right now is the time to join a local historical society and sit down and study local maps, pictures and old newspapers with headlines and coming events like fairs, homecomings and picnic groves, there are still many out there that are unsearched. You just have to find them. My friends and I have so many places lined up it is great. The only thing is finding time when our schedules work out. This year most of my time will be devoted to going detecting with my wife and daughters. Again, welcome to the hobby. This is a great site and i know you will have plenty of info coming from us when you need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts