The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the plunge and try to hunt yotes. My father did it and was very good. But not unlike most youth it did involve deer hunting I could care less. Now I wish I went out with him on those hunts.

ok ok long story short. what do I need to hunt predators. I have a.22 lr, .22 mag bolt,17 hmr,bolt,12&20 ga shotys, .222 and .22-250 rifle. I don't have any calls,or dykes,etc. I have all camo needed, blinds also.

What I would love to do is get a yote with my bow! I came very close last fall deer season. I missed judged the yardage and shot over his back!
. But that encounter has me hooked.

So any help would be great if ya got old useable equipment that ya looking to sell let me know. Any and all advise will be great thanks Koz

·
Banned
152 Posts
hey koz, how far are you from lebanon/ft indiantown gap, id take you along a few times, show you all my gear, 22-250 is good, and so is 222 along with a well patterned 12 ga, first homework is key, if you know where they are then youre ahead of the game

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Bucks Co. Near New Hope Boro. My shotgun is dead nutz out to 40 yards with 3 inch fed #4 shot. ya see it was my fathers gun that he used. I have taken it out to hunt turkey and its my fav! the 222 and 22-250 I have not shot all that much.

I would love to hook up some time. I have a few places that are loaded with fox and such. I even have few land owners asking for help due to chix and other animals end up missing...lol

Koz

·
Registered
612 Posts
well i have the johhny stewart prey master. it worked last night.but i been having troubles with it for a while. it might need cleaned. i start off with a low volume then slowly go up with it. i called in a double last night using the rabbit and also mouth calls to add life to it. you have to just go out there and try it. you never know what they are gonna want that night. you cant kill them if you dont try. good luck to you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts