The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok pretty simple you get one set up to fish a pa stockie stream it can include a single fly or a tandem rig. Just trying to learn some possible setup
thanks
adam

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Single rig:
Use a woolly bugger (black, brown, olive or white) or sucker spawn (white or cream) for the stockies. Other good producing flies are maggot cluster, pheasant tail, hare's ear, prince nymph. I don't fish many deep long runs which tandem rigs really need. Pay attention to the drift and make sure your line isn't pulling the flies through the drift . . . keep mending your line. I think drift is more important the fly choice in most situations.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
easiest setup to fish is either a copperjohn,haresear,prince or phesanttail or any other nymph under an indicator or without if you prefer.
highstick nymphing simple and effective.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
turkey4life said:
easiest setup to fish is either a copperjohn,haresear,prince or phesanttail or any other nymph under an indicator or without if you prefer.
highstick nymphing simple and effective.
A lot of knowledge in a few words. Add beaded varieties to this any you will have success.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
All of the above. I also think single fly is best with appropriate tippet size depending on water conditions.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i would almost have to pick some kind of caddis pattern, they are in about every creek and they look like a little worm anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts