The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever hunt New Zealand? Where did you hunt, who with, what did you hunt and when did you go? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Cyril

·
Registered
595 Posts
Cyril:

We do not book into NZ yet so I haven't done a lot of research but a guy I know hunted with Kiwi Safaris and had a great hunt. He killed a big red stag - not sure what else he hunted.

Larry

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
cyril said:
Any one ever hunt New Zealand? Where did you hunt, who with, what did you hunt and when did you go? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Cyril
I hunted in New Zealand in 2006. I bought the hunt at the SCI convention in Reno the year before that. I believe that the outfitter I hunted with has retired and is no longer in the business. His name was Terry Pierson, and he traded as New Zealand Wildlife Safaris. I would highly recommend him if he is still in the business. Here is his website: http://www.nz-wildlife-safaris.com/

If you would like to read the story I wrote about the hunt I was on, feel free to pm me and give me an email address and I will send it to you. If you have specific questions about hunting in New Zealand I will try to answer them for you.

New Zealand is an interesting place to visit with wonderful scenery and great hunting. Here are a couple of photos from there for your enjoyment.

This is a shot of some gorse with two red stags feeding in it.

Some of the higher terrain in which we hunted. This is the southern Alps of New Zealand. The lake in the foreground is Lake Wakitipu.

My wife and the outfitter hiking in the southern alps

My red stag.

My fallow buck.

My tahr.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
I answered your question in a reply to the pm you sent me, FT, but just in case anyone else wonders, in most cases you can't bring meat home from other continents. The US department of ag controls what can and can't be brought in. I don't believe you can bring anything in the way of unprocessed meat from New Zealand, and it would be quite expensive to do so anyway. Most times it is eaten by the local folks, and you do get to taste it while you are there. I usually insist upon that.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Really nice looking animals!

I get most of my hunts at auction in Reno. Probably was sitting there when you got it. Hard to beat the international auction deals. But I think 2011 will be my last year as I just don't have an interest in going to Vegas. Probably will switch to DSC for 2012.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Muttley i remember seein those pictures before in one of your posts real nice to see again nice smile on your face too....later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts