The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/...new-york-state/

I just saw this as well. Gawd. Cuomo is worse than Dumbo.

now 7 rounds? Even a 1911 and similar single stacks hold 8 rounds. Even a lowly Tokarev from WWII hold 8 rounds.

What this soon to be bill does is it takes out ALL semi auto pistols.

Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

How do you find a 7 round mag for anything?

I hate to say it, but I'd be moving if I was a NY resident. I don't even like being that CLOSE to evil.

RIP NY state. The square deal shoots will die as well. I wouldn't be caught dead bringing any kind of gun to NY, so the solution is DON'T GO. Good luck with that NY!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Whats the ammunition part of this bill? It's called the Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act. with walmart not selling anymore I think something is up on that part.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I believe from earlier news reports on the legislation that has now been passed NY residents will now need to have a background checked performed to purchase ammo.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I wonder if anyone or any organization will look at the NY crime rate where guns are used in a year from this date and see if there is any "noticable" decline with these new laws.

I think people would be interested in that kind of news.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Walmart is still selling ammo. They are still selling AR's.

I just stopped at one that got 8 Colt's and 8 Wyndham's in yesterday.

The deal with the new NY law is that you can still own magazines that hold up to 10 rounds you just can't load more than 7 or you are committing a crime. It's for the children.

Gino

·
Registered
277 Posts
I almost puked when I read this...
Its just the beginning of things to come...cant wait to hear what the President announces later...

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
A 1911 single stack holds 7 in the mag and one in the chamber. Not that I am in favor of the law but there are lots of 7 round mags.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ammo registration is as bad as gun registration! You buy a box of 44 mag they know you have one!

·
Registered
424 Posts
John S said:
A 1911 single stack holds 7 in the mag and one in the chamber. Not that I am in favor of the law but there are lots of 7 round mags.
My Chip McCormick mags for a fullsize 1911 hold 8.
My Officer's model 1911 holds 7.
My fullsize .38Super 1911 mags hold 10.

Just saying...

The ONLY handguns I own that hold 7 or less are a Walther PPKs in .380,
and my .357 revolver. Even my .22 revolver holds 9.

But of course....
WHY would anyone need more than 7 "high-power" rounds???

Clearly they have ill intentions!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Oh and let's not overlook the fact that a trained police officer had 16 in his gun...
A Thug had 8, and was able to reload...

That didn't turn out so well even though the logic being floated to justify
all these restrictions would suggest the reality to be an impossibility.

Then of course... when you write fiction, reality is optional.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is all for show, these people cannot be so stupid as to think magazines that hold less rounds and signing to buy ammo is going to do a thing. I remember a long time ago we were supposed to sign a sheet with name and address when purchasing certain ammo. People refused to do it and it didn't last long. These idiots refuse to acknowledge that the ability of people to defend themselves is the biggest deterrent to people who want to commit mayhem. Admitting that would totally destroy their beliefs.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You can have your gun just no bullets and magazines. It renders 99% of semiauto pistols useless till 7 round mags can be manufactured. How many months till they can meet the demand.This bill is what the president is also going to do federally.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Jay

they can keep their 10 rounders they are just not allowed to put more than 7 rounds in them. The NY law makers got this idea from the Andy Griffith show. Barney had a six shoter but was only allowed to load one bullet at a time.

Gino

1 - 20 of 39 Posts