I was planning to go, but my mother is having surgery and has three days of tests to go through this and next week before the actual 1/15 knee replacement operation. I won't make it up until after New Years Day. With all of the pre- holiday activity and stress, I'd really like to go to camp today and hide for a few weeks!
Looking forward to doing some smokepole and small game hunting this weekend in Kinzua country. I love being a new camp owner up there! Every trip is a brand new experience..Got to get my new GPS tomorrow morning so I don't get lost first.
We are planning to head up to Clinton County on thursday, weather permitting.
If they indeed get 12-14" of snow, we will have trouble getting to camp.
Will have to watch the weather and decide in the morning if it is worth our time trying. Would hate to drive all the way up there and not be able to get to camp. That happened several times in the past and we walked in. At 69 I am past the waling in stage of life.
My nephew and his family was going along and planned to go to the Elk Center at Benzette for a sleigh ride.
Oh well, we can't control the weather. If there was no snow, I would be griping about that.
I am planning to take a shotgun up when I head to camp Jan.4-? because I found a hollow full of grouse when I was out for bear and deer this season. I can't wait to see how many I "miss," and if, by chance, one flies into my group of lead shot!